+1 212 848 8571
+1 646 848 8571
Add to Outlook
The American University, Washington College of Law, J.D., 1990, magna cum laude
State University of New York at Albany, 1987, cum laude
Fredric Sosnick is the Practice Group Leader of Shearman & Sterling’s Bankruptcy & Reorganization Group and also is a former member of the firm’s Executive Group and Policy Committee. Mr. Sosnick has extensive experience representing debtors, official creditors’ committees, lender groups, DIP lenders, creditors and acquirors of assets in large and complex domestic and international out-of-court restructurings and U.S. Chapter 11 cases. Mr. Sosnick is recognized as a leading lawyer in the Restructuring and Insolvency section of the 2012 IFLR 1000 – The Guide to the World’s Leading Financial Law Firms and is a recognized individual in the Corporate Restructuring section of the 2012 Legal 500 US.
- Bank of America, N.A. as DIP agent and prepetition first lien agent in Chapter 11 of Synagro Technologies
- Citibank N.A. in connection with restructuring of ResCap indebtedness
- Barclays in connection with multi-jurisdictional restructuring of indebtedness of Endemol
- Barclays in connection with restructuring of indebtedness of Doux S.A.
- Bank of America, N.A. as agent in a restructuring of the secured indebtedness of Southern Care, Inc.
- Citibank, N.A. in connection with a restructuring of indebtedness of Highland Capital
- Bank of America, N.A. in connection with the administration of ParkCentral Holdings
- Agent for first lien debt in the out-of-court restructuring of Entegra Power Group
- Bank of America and Merrill Lynch in connection with their worldwide exposure to Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. and its affiliates, including in connection with the U.S. Chapter 11 cases of various Lehman affiliates and SIPA proceeding of Lehman Brothers Inc.
- American Axle & Manufacturing in its out-of-court restructuring
- Secured Agent in connection with the restructuring of Capmark Financial Group
- Citibank, N.A., as administrative agent for the $400 million senior secured superpriority debtor in possession financing for Chemtura Corporation
- Strategic Value Partners in connection with various aspects of the 2008/2009 financial crisis
- Silver Point Finance, LLC, as agent for first and second lien credit facilities in loan-to-own strategy in the Chapter 11 case of GBGH, LLC (US holding company of UK power project companies)
- Pope & Talbot on the U.S. aspects of its cross-border insolvency proceedings
- Remy International, Inc. in its prepackaged recapitalization
- Agent in out-of-court restructuring of Joan Fabrics Corp.
- Plan Facilitator in the Section 304 case of Multicanal S.A.
- Exit lending party and representation of PA Consulting in the Chapter 11 case of Calpine Corporation
- Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors for Mirant Corp. et al., Chapter 11 cases of debtors with an excess of $11 billion in debt
- Fintech Advisory Inc., as a member of the Creditors’ Committee of Refco
- Creditor Group in the restructuring of Grupo Iusacell, S.A. de C.V., a major Mexican telecommunications company
- Lender group in connection with the out-of-court restructuring of Dyngey Inc.
- Lender group in connection with the restructuring of Allegheny Energy Inc.
- AES Cayman Guiba Ltd. and AES Sul Distribuidora Gaúcha de Energia S.A., a utility in southern Brazil and a subsidiary of The AES Corporation, in the restructuring of their outstanding indebtedness
- DIP agent in the Enron Chapter 11 cases
- Hidroeléctrica Piedra del Aguila S.A. in its restructuring and exchange offer
United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York