+1 212 848 8962
+1 646 848 8962
Add to Outlook
New York University School of Law, J.D., 1994
Brooklyn College, City University of New York, B.A., 1990, magna cum laude
Barbara Edwards is a counsel in the Finance Group. Her practice is focused on complex international and U.S. financings. She has extensive experience representing corporations, financial institutions; multinationals and export credit agencies in leveraged buyout, acquisition, asset-based and structured financings, and debt restructurings. Ms. Edwards’ practice encompasses a wide range of U.S., cross-border and emerging markets transactions.
Recent Representation of Corporates Include:
- Ardagh Glass Inc. as borrower under an asset-based amended and restated loan and security agreement agented by Bank of America, N.A.
- Boston Scientific Corporation as borrower under a $2 billion five-year revolving credit facility agented by JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
- Dycom Industries, Inc. as borrower under a $400 million financing for general corporate purposes as well as the acquisition of the domestic telecommunications infrastructure services subsidiaries of Quanta Services, Inc.
- The Dun & Bradstreet Corporation as borrower under a $800 million five-year credit facility arranged by J.P. Morgan Securities LLC
- NGPL PipeCo LLC in connection with $1.25 billion of secured financings, split between a senior secured bank financing and a 144A/Reg S issuance of high yield notes
- P.H. Glatfelter Company and certain of its subsidiaries as borrowers under a $350 million amended and restated revolving credit facility arranged by PNC Capital Markets LLC, J.P. Morgan Securities LLC and RBS Citizens, N.A.
- JBS USA, LLC as borrower under a $825 million asset based credit facility arranged by J.P. Morgan Securities LLC and Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated
- JBS USA, LLC as borrower under a $475 million secured term loan credit facility arranged by J.P. Morgan Securities LLC and Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated
- Trafficmaster Ltd., a portfolio company of Vector Capital Corporation, and its subsidiary, Teletrac, Inc., as borrowers under a $100 million credit facility agented by Wells Fargo Capital Finance, LLC
- A hedge fund in various secured financings and private placement of unsecured notes
- An infrastructure fund in a subscription line financing
- American Axle & Manufacturing, Inc. in its revolving credit facility, including the change from unsecured to secured revolving facility, and its term loan facility
- A foreign electricity distribution company in a financing provided by International Finance Corporation
Recent Representation of Banks Include:
- Deutsche Bank Securities Inc., Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated, and UBS Securities, LLC as joint lead arrangers and joint bookrunners in connection with a $400 million senior secured term loan facility for Cricket Communications, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Leap Wireless International, Inc.
- Citigroup Global Markets Inc., JPMorgan Securities LLC, Merrill Lynch, Pierce Fenner & Smith Incorporated, Barclays Bank Plc, Morgan Stanley Senior Funding, Inc. and RBC Capital Markets as lead arrangers and bookrunners in connection with a $2.3 billion three-year revolving credit facility for International Lease Finance Corporation
- Citigroup Global Markets Inc., Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated, BNP Paribas, BNP Paribas Securities Corp., The Royal Bank of Scotland plc and RBS Securities Inc. as arrangers in a $3 billion financing for Sealed Air Corporation related to its acquisition of Diversey Holdings, Inc. and the repayment of certain indebtedness
- Bank of America, N.A., as administrative agent, and Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated, RBC Capital Markets and BMO Capital Markets as joint lead arrangers and joint bookrunners of a $400 million financing in connection with TPG Capital's acquisition of MDA Property Information Business
- Bank of America, N.A., as administrative agent, and Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated and Goldman Sachs Bank USA, as joint lead arrangers and joint bookrunners, in a $1.2 billion term loan and a $250 million asset-based revolving credit facility supporting the merger of J. Crew Group, Inc. with Chinos Acquisition Corporation, an affiliate of TPG Capital, L.P. and Leonard Green & Partners, L.P.
- RBC Capital Markets as sole lead arranger and sole bookrunner in connection with an amended and restated $750 million credit facility for a privately held healthcare IT software and service solutions company
Selected Professional & Business Activities
- Member, New York City Bar Association
- Co-Chair, Black Lawyers Inclusion Network (BLAQUE)