Diversity & Inclusion Committee
Shearman & Sterling has long been committed to attracting, retaining and advancing a diverse population of attorneys and support staff. For almost two decades, the firm's active Diversity & Inclusion Committee has been designing and implementing initiatives for each office that promote awareness, provide education and foster open conversations on diversity issues.
The Committee supports many diversity projects and professional events, both within the firm and in the legal community, including:
- Creating firmwide diversity and inclusion awareness programs, which are included in the annual new partner orientations and in the curriculum for first-year and summer associates, as well as in the annual global associate conferences.
- Supporting individual offices, in the US and Europe, with their individual diversity and inclusion needs
- Sponsoring discussions and programs on diversity and inclusion in the legal community, including advancement and professional development.
- Supporting inclusion networks and related programs and events.
- Working with the firm's Recruiting and Associate Development Departments to create advanced diversity and inclusion awareness and education opportunities.