Partner Brian Burke (Hong Kong/China-Litigation) spoke at the 9th Advanced China Summit on Anti-Corruption on June 15-16 in Shanghai, China hosted by the American Conference Institute.
Burke moderated a panel discussion on “Internal Investigations Think Tank: Senior In-House Counsel Discuss How to Effectively Structure the Investigation.” He was joined by speakers from Microsoft, Marriott International and Pfizer. The panel focuses on:
- Determining the scope of your document review, and interview process and analysis
- Recent government investigations, enforcement actions and settlements, and what they reveal about right-sizing internal investigations
- Determining how much you need to spend and how to manage the risk of spiraling costs
- When – and when not – to investigate new or peripheral red flags discovered over the course of the internal investigation
- How to know when to conclude the investigation