Partner Linda E. Rappaport (New York-Compensation, Governance & ERISA) spoke at PLI’s “Corporate Governance: A Master Class 2017” on March 9, 2017 in New York. The program addressed key corporate governance issues faced by boards and principal board committees. Panel discussions highlighted the fast-moving market and legal and regulatory developments that directors, officers and their advisers face, as well as provided practical guidance on how to address them.
Rappaport moderated the panel “The Work of Comp Committees — Doing It Is Increasingly Difficult; Criticizing It Is Increasingly Commonplace,” which covered:
- What is “pay for performance”?
- How does the Comp Committee successfully design, explain and defend a compensation program with today’s ever-changing expectations and “say-on-pay” votes?
- How to take into account the models, metrics and recommendations of proxy advisory firms
- How to navigate the new minefield of the pay-equity ratio
- Keys to successful investor outreach