Shearman & Sterling was awarded 11 accolades at IJ Global's recent Europe, APAC, MENA and Americas annual award ceremonies.
The Project Development & Finance practice received the highest honor in the Middle East and North Africa, winning "Legal Adviser of The Year." The team was awarded an additional 10 awards for several of the deals it has worked on across the globe, including:
- North America Rail Deal of the Year: Maryland Purple Line Light Rail
- North America Power Deal of the Year: Newark Energy Center
- North America M&A Deal of the Year: Chicago Skyway Toll Road Concessions Company Acquisition
- Latin America Transmission Deal of the Year: Transmisora Electrica del Norte
- MENA Midstream Oil & Gas Deal of the Year: Bahrain LNG
- MENA Power Deal of the Year: Hassyan Clean Coal
- Asia Pacific Power Deal of the Year: Central Java Coal-Fired Power
- Asia Pacific Mining Deal of the Year: Oyo Tolgoi Copper-Gold Mine
- Asia Pacific Rail/Infrastructure Deal of the Year: Light Rail Transit 1 IPP
- African Oil & Gas Deal of the Year: Angola LNG refinancing
Gregory Tan, global head of the firm's Project Development & Finance Group, commented, "We are delighted and honored to be recognized by IJ Global for our work advising clients on some of the market's most exciting, challenging and complex projects across numerous geographies. These acknowledgments are not only a testament to the strength of our global team across all industry sectors - power, oil & gas and infrastructure – but also further cement Shearman & Sterling’s reputation as a market leader in project finance."