Recent Individual Representations
Recent Company Representations in Criminal Matters and Internal Investigations
- Representation of David Nichols, a Bank of New York Mellon executive charged by the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York with mail and wire fraud-related offenses concerning the institution’s foreign exchange practices. The U.S. Attorney’s Office agreed to settle the case before trial, with no admission of mail/wire fraud by Mr. Nichols and no monetary penalty.
- Representation of defendant in charged SEC insider trading case, pending trial in United States District Court.
- Representation of individual in Department of Justice investigation into alleged violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act.
- Representation of former high-ranking financial institution executive in Department of Justice investigation into the institution’s marketing and sale of residential mortgage-backed securities.
- Representation of a defendant in a sprawling bank fraud prosecution in the Southern District of New York; the U.S. Attorney’s Office permitted the client to plead guilty to a misdemeanor count before trial, substantially reducing his sentencing exposure.
- Representation of hedge fund in insider trading investigation conducted by the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York and the SEC.
- Representation of global financial institution in internal and government investigations into alleged $400 million fraud at one of its foreign subsidiaries.
- Representation of global financial institution in internal and government investigations concerning a security services unit at one of its foreign subsidiaries.
- Representation of global financial institution in Department of Justice and other regulator investigations into the institution’s compliance with U.S. economic sanctions.
- Representation of broker-dealer in FINRA investigation and enforcement action into alleged violations of FINRA registration and supervisory requirements.
- Representation of financial institution in Department of Justice, CFTC, and other regulatory investigations into the bank’s LIBOR rate-setting practices.
- Conducted investigation on behalf of special committee of Board of Directors of major financial institution into corporate governance-related issues.
- Representation of private equity fund in internal investigation relating to potential fraud involving projects in Asia and the Middle East.
Recent Company Representations in Civil Matters
- Representation of company in misappropriation of trade secrets matters.
- Representation of company in contractual dispute regarding licensing fees.
- Representation of company in employment dispute relating to non-competition agreement.
- Representation of company in investigation and civil proceedings related to defamatory statements made by blogger.
- Representation of LG Electronics in consumer fraud actions filed in the Southern District of California.