Shearman & Sterling's Insurance Group provides M&A, securities, regulatory, risk transfer, general corporate, tax and litigation advice to many of the world's largest insurance and reinsurance companies and intermediaries, whether onshore or offshore, and their financial advisers.
The group has an extensive practice, covering property and casualty, suretyship and financial guaranty, life and other forms of insurance, as well as brokers, agents, Lloyd's participants and other intermediaries.
We have substantial experience in:
- Insurance and reinsurance policies
- Intermediary, distribution, outsourcing and other commercial agreements
- General corporate advice to insurers and reinsurers
- Insurance M&A
- Financings and insurers' securities offerings
- Insurance derivatives, risk securitizations, transformer vehicles and captives
- Demutualizations and mutual holding company structures
- Regulatory investigations and litigation
Shearman & Sterling's insurance company client-base comprises many of the main players in the US, Europe and elsewhere. Through our global coverage, we provide integrated support for all types of local and cross-border issues.