Scott Baggett is counsel in the Project Development & Finance practice.
He has a wide variety of financing and development experience spanning projects across a number of industries, with an emphasis on the power, petrochemicals, oil & gas and mining & metals sectors.
Scott has also advised on a number of joint venture and M&A transactions, as well as restructurings and refinancings.
He has extensive experience advising both sponsors and lenders, and his clients include PETRONAS, AES, IFC, ADB and OPIC, among others.
- A consortium of lenders on the $7 billion debt financing of the $12 billion Jazan IGCC project in Saudi Arabia
- The lenders, including K-EXIM, on the financing of Barka 5 IWP and Ghubrah 3 IWP in Oman, which includes a direct and covered K-EXIM facility
- PETRONAS in respect of the development and financing of its approximately US$28 billion RAPID (Refinery and Petrochemical Integrated Development) project
- The initial purchasers in the combined bond and loan refinancing of the Paiton IPP in Indonesia
- ADB and SMBC in relation to the financing of the Tolo wind farm in Indonesia
- OM Holdings and the other sponsors in the development and financing of a ferrosilicon alloy smelter in Sarawak, Malaysia and in the subsequent restructuring of the financing
New York University School of Law
U.S. Military Academy
Awards & Accolades
- Recognized as a “Rising Star” for Projects and Energy in South Korea by Chambers Asia Pacific (2021)
- Recognized as “Highly Regarded” for Project Development, Project Finance and Energy and Infrastructure – Foreign firms in South Korea by IFLR1000 (2022)
- Recognized as a “Rising Star” for Project Finance in Singapore by IFLR1000 (2017)
- Recognized as a “Rising Star” for Banking and Finance in Singapore by IFLR1000 (2017)