Tom Capper is an associate in the European Finance practice.
Tom focuses on bank finance and, in particular, secured and unsecured bilateral and syndicated loans, cross-border acquisitions, leveraged finance and refinancings. Tom represents private equity sponsors, lenders, agents and corporate borrowers in connection with domestic and international lending, leveraged finance and corporate finance transactions.
- Ardagh Metal Packaging as the parent and guarantor, in connection with a $325 million asset based financing, agented by Bank of America, to be used for working capital and other general corporate purposes, and to pay certain fees and expenses.
- The lenders in connection with the senior financing in support of the acquisition of Rodenstock Group by funds advised by Apax.
- The initial purchasers in connection with Punch Finance plc's inaugural high yield notes offering of £600 million 6.125 percent senior secured notes due 2026 and the arrangers in connection with Punch's super senior revolving facilities agreement and intercreditor agreement.
- Barclays, BNP Paribas, Citigroup, HSBC, Lloyds and Rabobank as initial purchasers in connection with Premier Foods plc’s £330 million offering of 3.500% senior secured notes due 2026 by Premier Foods Finance plc.
- BNP Paribas, Crédit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank, Natixis, Nordea Bank Abp and Société Générale as initial purchasers in connection with Consolis Group S.A.S.’s €300 million offering of 5.750% senior secured notes due 2026 by Compact Bidco B.V.
- The lenders in connection with the senior financing in support of the acquisition of the KPMG U.K. restructuring business by HIG Capital.
- The mandated lead arrangers in connection with SYNLAB's pre-IPO crossover financing consisting of €1.2 billion multicurrency term and revolving facilities.
- Marlin Equity Partners in connection with the acquisition of Unifaun, a leading cloud delivery orchestration platform in the Nordic market.
- Goldman Sachs International, Morgan Stanley and Deutsche Bank as mandated lead arrangers in connection with SYNLAB's exchange offer of its Floating Rate Notes due 2022 into a new tranche of its Term Loan B due 2024 and in relation to the extension of SYNLAB's existing Term Loan B due July 2022.
- Frigoglass S.A.I.C. in connection with its high yield notes offering of €260 million 6.875% senior secured notes due 2025 by its wholly owned subsidiary, Frigoglass Finance B.V.
- Certain entities controlled by DBAY Advisors Limited in connection with its investment in the trading entities that were formerly 100 per cent. owned by Eddie Stobart Logistics plc (the Group) regarding a new financing into the Group through payment-in-kind loan notes and a revised financing package with the senior lenders to the Group.
University of Law
LPC with MSc in Law, Business and Management
University of Warwick
Awards & Accolades
- Shearman & Sterling was recognised in the 'High-Yield Deal of the Year' category at the IFLR Europe Awards 2021, for its role in the SYNLAB refinancing and debt extension