Anna Chung is a partner in the Project Development & Finance practice.
Anna concentrates her practice in the development and financing of projects, with a focus on the power, infrastructure, LNG, oil and gas and petrochemical sectors.
Anna represents sponsors and lenders, and numerous regional development banks and multilateral institutions such as K-EXIM, K-Sure, KDB, and IFC.
- PETRONAS in respect of the development and financing (including bridge and long-term financing) of its approximately US$28 billion RAPID (Refinery and Petrochemical Integrated Development) project
- Ayala Corp, Metro Pacific and Macquarie in relation to the development and financing of the US$1.1 billion LRT1 project in Manila, Philippines
- The lenders in relation to the development and financing of the Upper Trishuli 216 MW domestic hydroelectric power project in Nepal
- Marubeni, Sojitz and Pertamina as sponsors in relation to the development and financing of the Jawa 1 LNG to power project in Indonesia
- K-Sure, KDB and other lenders in relation to the financing of the 2 X 100 MW mine-mouth Kalsel-1 IPP in Indonesia
- ICBC, Bank of China, China Construction Bank and China Agricultural Bank, together with 10+ international and regional lenders in connection with the US$4 billion Hassyan coal-fired power plant in Dubai, UAE
- The initial purchasers and the lenders as international counsel on all aspects of PT Paiton Energy’s US$2.75 billion debt refinancing, comprising the issuance of the US$2 billion project bonds and the US$750 million loan facility
- The successful consortium of J-Power, Itochu Corporation and Adaro in relation to the development and financing of the US$4.2 billion 2,000 MW Central Java IPP, a greenfield coal-fired IPP at Pemalang in Central Java, including a bankability review for the lenders on the PPA
University of New South Wales
University of New South Wales
Awards & Accolades
- Named in The A-List of Korea’s Top 100 Lawyers by Asia Business Law Journal (2021)
- Ranked in Projects & Infrastructure: International in Singapore and South Korea by Chambers Asia-Pacific (2016-2021)
- Ranked in Projects, Infrastructure & Energy (Expertise Based Abroad) in the Philippines by Chambers Asia-Pacific (2020-2021)
- Recognized as a “Rising Star” for Project Finance and Project Development in Singapore and South Korea by IFLR1000 (2019-2021)
- Recognized as a “Rising Star” for Banking in Singapore and South Korea by IFLR1000 (2019-2021)
- Recognized as a “Rising Star” for Energy and Infrastructure in Singapore and South Korea by IFLR1000 (2019-2021)
- Recognized as a "Leading Lawyer" for Projects and Energy in South Korea by Legal 500 (2021)
- Clients comment in Chambers Asia-Pacific that Anna is “highly coveted for her deep expertise in international projects, frequently advising marquee lenders and sponsors on matters of development, financing and refinancing.” (2021)
- Awarded MVP (Most Valuable Player) by Law 360 2017 and recognized as a “Rising Star” by Law360 (2017)
- Recognized as a “Rising” Star for Finance by Euromoney Asia Women in Business Law Awards (2013)
- Anna had previously worked in the London, Shanghai and Singapore offices of Shearman & Sterling before relocating to Seoul.