Andrew Cook is a Senior Associate in the European Finance practice.
Andrew has extensive experience in the European leveraged finance market and has represented borrowers and lenders on domestic and cross-border acquisition finance, combined bank and bond financing transactions, public-to-private bids and auction processes. During his time at Shearman & Sterling, Andrew was seconded to Credit Suisse, where he gained extensive transaction execution experience for large scale sponsors and corporates in both the European and US cross-border markets. Andrew is a qualified accountant and prior to qualifying as a solicitor, he worked primarily in the financial services and fund management sectors.
- The sole global coordinator and bookrunner in connection with David Lloyd's inaugural bond financing including a €300 million offering of floating rate senior secured notes and £645 million 5.50% senior secured notes due 2027 by Deuce FinCo plc, the Company's new revolving facility agreement and intercreditor agreement, and advised the investors in connection with a £250 million pay-in-kind term loan to Deuce Holdco Limited.
- The mandated lead arrangers, underwriters and lenders in connection with the senior financing in support of the public-to-private acquisition of Arrow Global plc by TDR Capital.
- The initial purchasers in connection with a $750 million issuance of 4% senior notes due 2029 and in connection with an additional $250 million issuance of 4% senior notes due 2029 both by Sensata Technologies B.V. , an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of Sensata Technologies Holding plc.
- Nomura International Securities Inc., as arranger and bookrunner, and Nomura Corporate Funding Americas, as administrative agent, in connection with a refinancing amendment to Bleriot US Bidco Inc.’s existing first lien term loans in an aggregate principle amount of approximately $551 million to finance a refinancing of existing term loans and general corporate purposes.
- The notes purchasers on Travelodge’s £65 million private placement of 9% senior secured notes due 2025 issued by TVL Finance plc, an affiliate of Travelodge Hotels.
- CWT in connection with its debt restructuring, comprising (i) an exchange offer, (ii) a consent solicitation, (iii) an issuance of rights offering units consisting of $125 million senior secured priming notes and shares of common equity of a newly-created holding company, (iv) an equity contribution by the Company’s principal shareholder and (v) an amendment and restatement of the Company’s revolving credit facility.
- Investcorp in connection with the refinancing of Viz Branz's existing facilities with a S$180 million term loan and revolving credit senior facilities agreement.
- BofA Securities, Inc., Morgan Stanley & Co. LLC, Mizuho Securities USA LLC and RBC Capital Markets, LLC, as initial purchasers, in connection with a $450 million issuance of 4.375 percent senior notes due 2030 by Sensata Technologies, Inc., an indirect, wholly owned subsidiary of Sensata Technologies Holding plc.
- Ripplewood Advisors, the US-based investment holding company, in connection with its acquisition of a minority equity stake of 3.0% in Banque Saudi Fransi (BSF).
- Nokia on its €1.5 billion five-year multicurrency revolving credit facility (RCF). Nokia introduced a sustainability pricing mechanism linking the margin of the RCF to two of its key sustainability targets – reduction of greenhouse gas emissions attributed to Nokia’s operations and reduction of greenhouse gas emissions attributed to Nokia’s customers’ use of Nokia’s products.
- GE in connection with the sale of its Distributed Power business to Advent International Advent for $3.25 billion.
- Silversea Cruise Holding in connection with a $550m senior secured notes issuance and associated €60m super senior RCF to refinance existing indebtedness and pre-fund capital expenditure requirements.
- Deutsche Bank, HSBC, Goldman Sachs, Jefferies and Lloyds Bank as initial purchasers in connection with the Miller Homes Group Holdings plc’s £425 million high yield bond offering.
- Naviera Armas in connection with its offering of €232m floating rate senior secured notes and associated super senior RCF.
Master of Commerce (Professional Accounting)
Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting)