Maria Cornilsen is a dual-qualified counsel in the Finance practice in the London office and is admitted in New York and Queensland, Australia. Maria focuses on leveraged finance transactions and has national and multi-jurisdictional transactional experience in acquisition financings, asset based lending, refinancings, corporate financing and restructuring. She has a broad range of experience having acted in lender, sponsor and borrower roles. Maria spent six months on secondment at J.P. Morgan's office in London, where she was involved in a wide range of banking and project work.
- The sole global coordinator and bookrunner in connection with David Lloyd's inaugural bond financing including a €300 million offering of floating rate senior secured notes and £645 million 5.50% senior secured notes due 2027 by Deuce FinCo plc, the Company's new revolving facility agreement and intercreditor agreement, and advised the investors in connection with a £250 million pay-in-kind term loan to Deuce Holdco Limited.
- Marlin Equity Partners in connection with its majority-control, growth investment in Lengow, a leading e-commerce automation SaaS platform.
- The banks in connection with the senior financing in support of the £2.3 billion public-to-private acquisition of Aggreko plc by TDR Capital and I Squared Capital.
- The mandated lead arrangers in connection with the raising of new financing by INEOS Finance plc and INEOS US Finance LLC comprising of a €375,000,000 incremental senior secured facility to its their existing cross-border multicurrency credit agreement and the issuance of €325,000,000 senior secured notes due 2026.
- Bank of Ireland, Crédit Agricole, ING Bank N.V., National Westminster Bank, Rabobank, Goldman Sachs and MV Credit as senior lenders in connection with the first lien financing in support of the acquisition by the Barentz group of the Maroon Group.
- Marlin Equity Partners in connection with the acquisition of Unifaun, a leading cloud delivery orchestration platform in the Nordic market.
- The Joint Global Coordinators, Joint Lead Arrangers and Joint Bookrunners in connection with the financing of INEOS Enterprises acquisition of the Ashland Composites business comprising of a secured term loan A and a secured term loan B.
- The Arranger and Bookrunner in connection with (1) a €975 million refinancing for Swissport Financings S.a r.l consisting of (i) a €850 million secured term loan B facility, (ii) a €75 million revolving credit facility and (iii) a €50 million delayed draw facility to refinance existing debt and fund working capital; and (2) a related €190 million PIK financing for Swissport to refinance existing debt.
- Marlin Equity Partners in connection with the acquisition of Puzzel, a provider of cloud-based contact center software solutions. The seller is private equity firm Herkules Capital.
- Bridgepoint and Element Materials Technology Limited in connection with (1) a EUR 437 million financing agented by ING Bank N.V., London Branch consisting of (i) a EUR 70.24 million incremental term loan, (ii) a USD 75 million incremental capex facility commitment and (iii) EUR 300 million PIK floating rate euro-denominated notes due 2026 to finance general corporate purposes; and 2) an amendment to its existing $200 million second lien term loan converting it into second lien floating rate notes due 2025.
- The Arranger and Bookrunner in connection with a €325 million incremental term loan B for Swissport to finance the acquisition of Aerocare (Air Services ANZ Pty Ltd), an Australian aviation services provider.
- Bank of America, N.A. in connection with an amendment to Global Medical Response, Inc.’s existing ABL revolving credit facility upsizing the facility to $500 million in total ABL commitments and $200 million in Letter of Credit commitments, to finance working capital and other general corporate purposes.
- Marlin Equity Partners in connection with the financing of its acquisition of a majority stake in social media analytics company, Talkwalker.
- The Administrative Agent in connection with an incremental financing for INEOS US Finance LLC and INEOS Finance PLC, consisting of $1.66 billion secured term loan B and €2.06 billion secured term loan B, to prepay certain existing term facilities.
- The Joint Lead Arrangers and Bookrunners in connection with a $1.1 billion term loan credit agreement, and the ABL Joint Lead Arrangers and Bookrunners in connection with a $175 million asset-based loan agreement related to the acquisition of Air Medical Group Holdings, Inc. by KKR from Bain Capital and Brockway Moran & Partners.
- Advanced Disposal Services, Inc. in connection with a $1.8 billion financing agented by Deutsche Bank, consisting of (1) a $300 million secured revolving credit facility and (2) a $1.5 billion secured term loan B.
Queensland University of Technology
Nottingham Law School, Nottingham Trent University
Advanced Diploma in English Law
- Queensland, Australia
- New York
- High Court of Australia
- Supreme Court of Australia