Jessica Delbaum is a partner in the Antitrust practice.
Jessica focuses on defending multi-national companies’ mergers and acquisitions before the Federal Trade Commission and the Department of Justice as well as coordinating the multi-jurisdictional antitrust defense of transactions. She also counsels clients on an extensive array of antitrust issues such as competitor collaborations, cartel leniency applications, and Hart-Scott-Rodino Act compliance, including integration planning. Jessica has also defended substantive merger investigations involving a wide variety of industries, including health care, agriculture, technology, chemicals and finance.
Prior to joining Shearman & Sterling, Jessica was an Attorney General’s Honors Program Attorney in the Antitrust Division of the Department of Justice. While at the Division, she investigated possible violations of the antitrust laws involving mergers and acquisitions, the reporting and waiting requirements of the Hart-Scott-Rodino Act and civil price-fixing.
- Glatfelter in its pending acquisition of Georgia-Pacific’s U.S. nonwovens business and its acquisition of Georgia-Pacific’s European nonwovens business and in its sale of its Specialty Paper Business to Lindsey Goldberg
- Bunge in its pending sale of certain grain elevators to Zen-Noh Corporation and in its acquisition of Loders
- ViacomCBS in its pending sale of Simon & Schuster to Penguin Random House and in its sale of C|NET to Red Ventures
- JetBlue Airways in its Northeast Alliance with American Airlines
- Amneal Pharmaceuticals in its acquisition of Kashiv Specialty Pharmaceuticals, LLC
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB) in its acquisition of Pattern Energy Group Inc. (Pattern Energy) and its agreement with Riverstone Holdings LLC to subsequently combine Pattern Energy with Pattern Energy Group Holdings 2 LP
- Telus International in its acquisition of Competence Call Center
- Brentwood/Credentials Solutions in the acquisition of Parchment
- Vice Media in its acquisition of Refinery 29
- Thomson Reuters in its acquisition of Confirmation
- Salesforce in its acquisitions of MapAnything and Click Software
- GSK in its acquisition of oncology-focused biopharmaceutical company Tesaro
- LyondellBasell in its acquisition of A. Schulman, Inc.
- Dover Corporation in its acquisition of Belanger, Inc.
- Bojangles in its merger with Walker Parent
- Sonic Corporation in its sale to Inspire Brands
- Intapp in its acquisition of DealCloud
- SS&C in its acquisition of Eze Software
- KMG Chemicals in its acquisition by Cabot Microelectronics
- Bridgepoint in its sale of Pret-a-Manger to JAB Holdings
- Shiseido in its sale of its subsidiary Zotos to Henkel
- Hoya in its acquisition of Performance Optics
- Bridgepoint/Exova in the acquisition of Element Materials Technology
- Sun Pharmaceutical in its acquisitions of Ocular Technologies, Ranbaxy Laboratories, Pharmalucence Inc., URL Pharma, DUSA Pharmaceutical and Taro Pharmaceutical and in its acquisition of Odomzo from Novartis and its licensing agreement with Merck for MK-3222
- American Axle in its acquisition of Metaldyne Performance Group
- B/E Aerospace in its sale to Rockwell Collins
- Fairfax in its acquisition of Allied World
- Pall Corporation in its sale to Danaher Corporation and in its acquisition of ATMI’s LifeSciences business
- CX Partners and Capital Square Partners on the sale of Minacs to Concentrix Global Holdings Inc.
- Corning in its acquisition of Alliance Fiber Optic Products, Inc.
- Investcorp in its €1 billion sale of Icopal a/s to GAF, North America’s largest roofing manufacturer
- Nokia on its sale of HERE to an automotive industry consortium
- Wausau Paper Corporation in its acquisition by SCA
- Individual in relation to cartel investigation by the U.S. Department of Justice
- Major Asian industrial company in relation to non-public cartel investigations by the U.S. Department of Justice and other antitrust agencies
- Fortune 200 company in an internal investigation related to pricing practices
Harvard Law School
J.D., cum laude
- Articles Editor, International Law Journal
Columbia College, Columbia University
B.A. (Economics-Philosophy), magna cum laude
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States Supreme Court
- Featured in Who’s Who Legal Competition
- Ranked by Legal 500 and Chambers Guides
- Frequent panelist on a variety of antitrust-related topics
- Co-author of Mergers & Acquisitions in Antitrust Adviser (6th ed. )
- Co-author of Merger Remedies, United States, Global Competition Review 2020
- Author of numerous articles, including Merger remedies in the US: An overview of the leading cases, Concurrences, 2020 and Edgewell/Harry’s: When a Maverick is More Than Its Market Share, M&A Lawyer, March 2020