Elena Dzhurova is an associate in the Capital Markets practice.
She advises investment banks, leading private equity firms and corporates on U.S. federal and European securities laws and corporate governance in connection with complex corporate financings. She focuses on international debt and equity capital market transactions including high yield debt offerings and leveraged finance, investment grade debt, project bonds, initial public offerings and international rights offerings, as well as on tender offers and liability management transactions. She also has experience in direct lending financings.
Debt Capital Markets and Credit Transactions
Equity Capital Markets
- Morgan Stanley, SEB and Carnegie in connection with €876 million initial public offering (including the over-allotment option) and Nasdaq Helsinki listing of Terveystalo Oyj in October 2017. The offering comprised a sale of shares by private equity fund EQT. The transaction was the largest initial public offering in Finland since 1998, the largest ever private equity exit in Finland and the largest IPO in the Nordics up to 2017.
- Goldman Sachs International, J.P. Morgan Securities plc, ABG Sundal Collier AB, Citigroup Global Markets Limited, Deutsche Bank AG, London Branch, Kempen & Co N.V., Danske Bank A/S, Danmark, Sverige Filial and Nordea Bank Abp, filial i Sverige in connection with Samhällsbyggnadsbolaget i Norden AB (publ)’s capital increase by way of a rights issue in connection with its acquisition of Hemfosa Fastigheter AB (publ).
- The underwriters in connection with the proposed IPO and London Stock Exchange premium listing of a virtual effects company.
- Eurobank Ergasias S.A. in connection with its recapitalization in November 2015 to cover the €2.04 billion capital shortfall identified by the comprehensive assessment conducted by the European Central Bank in the context of the third economic adjustment program agreed between Greece and the European Commission.
- The underwriters in connection with a contemplated initial public offering and listing of a financial institution.
- Citycon Oyj in connection with its €600 million rights issue.
Investment Grade Debt
- STMicroelectronics in connection with its $1.5 billion offering of senior unsecured convertible bonds and the early redemption of its outstanding $750 million zero coupon convertible bonds.
- Deutsche Bank AG, London Branch, Deutsche Bank Aktiengesellschaft, HSBC Bank plc, J.P. Morgan Securities plc and Morgan Stanley & Co. International plc in connection with Reckitt Benckiser’s €1.7 billion and £500 million senior notes offerings.
- The underwriters in connection with NatWest Group plc’s registered debt offerings of: 850 million fixed-to-fixed reset rate subordinated tier 2 notes due 2035 in September 2020; $2.0 billion 4.269% fixed-rate/floating-rate senior notes in March 2019; $1.75 billion 5.079% fixed-rate/floating-rate senior notes in September 2018; $1.25 billion 4.519% fixed-rate/floating-rate senior notes and $750 million floating rate senior notes in June 2018; $1.50 billion 4.892% fixed-rate/floating-rate senior notes in May 2018; $1.5 billion 3.498% fixed-rate/floating-rate senior notes and $1.5 billion floating-rate senior notes in May 2017; $2.65 billion 3.875% senior notes in September 2016; $2.65 billion aggregate principal amount of 8.625% perpetual subordinated contingent convertible additional tier 1 capital notes in August 2016; and $1.5 billion 4.800% senior notes in April 2016.The underwriters in connection with NatWest Group plc’s $1.97 billion cash tender offers of four series of its outstanding U.S. dollar denominated notes in September 2020.
- Coca-Cola European Partners plc in connection with the offering of €350 million guaranteed notes in November 2017.
- BofA Merrill Lynch, Credit Suisse, Santander and Wells Fargo Securities in connection with Banco Santander S.A.’s offering of $2.5 billion registered debt offering in April 2017 through three tranches of notes: $1 billion 3.500% second ranking senior debt securities; $1 billion 4.250% second ranking senior debt securities; and $500 million second ranking senior floating rate debt securities.
- Citycon Oyj in connection with the offering of its inaugural €350 million green hybrid bond and concurrent tender offer.
- Citycon Oyj in connection with the offering of €200 million of 2.500% guaranteed notes in June 2020, €300 million of 2.375% guaranteed notes in September 2016 and €350 million of 1.250% guaranteed notes.
- NatWest Markets Securities and J.P. Morgan in connection with NatWest Markets plc’s establishment of a $10 billion U.S. medium-term note program and inaugural offering of $1 billion of 3.625% senior notes and $300 million of floating rate senior notes in April 2019. This was NatWest Markets plc’s first offering in the U.S. markets.
- Citycon Oyj in connection with its establishment of €1.5 billion Euro medium-term note program and the offerings of: €350 million of 2.375% guaranteed notes and the concurrent tender offer for up to €300 million of its outstanding notes in September 2018; and NOK 1.0 billion of 2.750% of guaranteed notes in September 2017.
Harvard Law School
Ruprecht-Karls Heildelberg University
Sofia University St. Kliment Ohridski
European University Viadrina Frankfurt/Oder
- Co-author of the "CEELM Comparative Legal Guide: Capital Markets in United Kingdom", CEE Legal, April 15, 2020