Korey Fevzi is a partner in the European Finance practice.
He focuses on leveraged finance, acquisition finance, restructuring transactions and subordinated financing with a particular emphasis on cross-border financings.
He advises private equity sponsors, commercial banks, investment banks, subordinated finance providers, and corporate borrowers on their complex European leveraged and acquisition financings. In addition, Korey advises alternative lenders, including hedge funds and alternative debt funds and credit solutions providers, on structuring, documenting and executing transactions, as well as how to finance and structure their own vehicles.
- The initial purchasers and the mandated lead arrangers in connection with Constellation Automotive's senior credit facilities, second lien facility and inaugural bond financing.
- The lenders in connection with the senior financing in support of the acquisition of the KPMG U.K. restructuring business by HIG Capital.
- The lenders in connection with the senior financing in support of the acquisition of Rodenstock Group by funds advised by Apax.
- The mandated lead arrangers, underwriters and lenders in connection with the senior financing in support of the public-to-private acquisition of Arrow Global plc by TDR Capital.
- The banks in connection with the senior financing in support of the £2.3 billion public-to-private acquisition of Aggreko plc by TDR Capital and I Squared Capital.
- The mandated lead arrangers in connection with the raising of new financing by INEOS Finance plc and INEOS US Finance LLC comprising of a €375,000,000 incremental senior secured facility to its their existing cross-border multicurrency credit agreement and the issuance of €325,000,000 senior secured notes due 2026.
- Bank of Ireland, Crédit Agricole, ING Bank N.V., National Westminster Bank, Rabobank, Goldman Sachs and MV Credit as senior lenders in connection with the first lien financing in support of the acquisition by the Barentz group of the Maroon Group.
- BNP Paribas, HSBC Bank plc, KKR Capital Markets Limited and Unione di Banche Italiane S.p.A. as initial purchasers in connection with the issuance of €455 million senior secured floating rate notes due 2024 and €100 million super senior revolving credit facilities to fund Bain Capital's acquisition of Fedrigoni S.p.A., a leading European manufacturer and distributor of specialty paper.
- Goldman Sachs and Mizuho Securities in connection with Travelodge’s inaugural £390 million high yield bond offering and super senior revolving credit facility. The offering comprised £290 million 8.50% senior secured fixed rate notes due 2023 and £100 million senior secured floating rate notes due 2023 issued by TVL Finance plc, an affiliate of Travelodge Hotels Limited.
- Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated, J.P. Morgan Securities LLC, BNP Paribas Securities Corp., Citigroup Global Markets Inc., Credit Agricole Corporate & Investment Bank, Morgan Stanley Senior Funding, Inc. and RBS Securities Inc., as joint lead arrangers and bookrunners in connection with the $2.1 Billion refinancing for Sealed Air Corporation.
- The lead arrangers in connection with a cross-border, multicurrency and covenant-lite Term Loan B bank financing consisting of a $2 billion term loan facility, a $375 million short-dated term loan facility and a €500 million term loan facility for certain affiliates of INEOS AG, one of the world's largest chemical companies by revenue.
- Goldman Sachs International, Mizuho International plc and National Australia Bank Limited, and their affiliates as initial purchasers, in connection with the high yield bond offering of £205 million issued by EDU UK BondCo PLC and guaranteed by EDU UK Intermediate Limited and certain of its subsidiaries and arrangers of Study Group's multi-currency revolving credit facility.
- Albacore Capital in connection with various financings, including direct lending transactions.
- Merrill Lynch International, DNB Markets, Lloyds Bank, Société Générale, BNP Paribas, Citigroup, Credit Industriel et Commercial, Credit Suisse, KBC, Morgan Stanley, RBS and UniCredit in connection with Thomas Cook's €750 million high yield bond offering.
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board in connection with various financings, including direct lending transactions.
- Marlin Equity Partners in connection with its majority-control, growth investment in Lengow, a leading e-commerce automation SaaS platform.
- CWT in connection with its debt restructuring, comprising (i) an exchange offer, (ii) a consent solicitation, (iii) an issuance of rights offering units consisting of $125 million senior secured priming notes and shares of common equity of a newly-created holding company, (iv) an equity contribution by the Company’s principal shareholder and (v) an amendment and restatement of the Company’s revolving credit facility.
- Advent International in connection with the financing of the acquisition of The Priory Group involving a high yield bond offering of £425 million of senior secured notes and £175 million of senior notes for the acquisition and the provision of £70 million super senior revolving credit facilities.
- Virgin Media Inc. in connection with the restructuring of its £5 billion senior facilities agreement and the issue of £1.5 billion of senior secured bond.
- Interoute Finco in connection with its new €640 million term loan facility agreement.
- Nuovo Trasporto Viaggiatori S.p.A. in connection with a new credit facilities agreement for an aggregate amount of €160 million split between a term loan and a revolving credit facility related to a high yield bond offering.
- Investcorp in connection with numerous acquisition financings including ABAX Group, Tyrells, Hydrasun and Esmalglass.
- Aditya Birla, a multinational Indian corporation, in connection with its $925 million refinancing of existing facilities of certain of its subsidiaries.
- Bridgepoint Advisers Limited in connection with its £212 million acquisition of Moneycorp from RBS Special Opportunities Fund.
- Fenway Sports Group in connection with the refinancing of Liverpool Football Club's credit facilities.
Queen Mary, University of London
College of Law
Legal Practice Course, Distinction
Awards & Accolades
- Korey is ranked as “Notable Practitioner” by IFLR1000 2020; recommended by Legal 500 UK 2020 for Acquisition Finance and Bank Lending: Investment Grade Debt and Syndicated Loans; and ranked in Chambers UK 2020 for his Banking & Finance work. Chambers UK 2020 sources also highlight Korey as “truly excellent and thinks outside the box” and note that he is “very responsive,” “takes client’s priorities to heart and is very up to speed on the latest developments in loan documentation.”
- Korey was ranked as a Recognised Practitioner in Chambers UK 2019. He was also recommended in Legal 500 UK 2019 for Acquisition Finance and Bank Lending: Investment Grade Debt and Syndicated Loans.
- The firm was awarded “Best Syndicated Loan” by GlobalCapital Asia 2018 for its work on the $1.2 billion financing of Birla Carbon, the carbon black business limb of the Aditya Birla Group. The firm advised the company on all aspects of the transaction, from the refinancing of the existing debt to the successful execution of the new facilities.
- Korey was ranked as a “Notable Practitioner” in IFLR1000 2017.
- Co-author, “Global Trends in the Leveraged Loan Market in 2018.” The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Lending & Secured Finance 2019, Chapter 5, April 2019.
- Co-author, “The European Leveraged Loan Market Must Continue to Evolve to Survive.” Journal of International Banking & Financial Law, 2013