Kristen Garry is a partner in the Tax practice.
She regularly advises financial institutions and other domestic and foreign clients on issues relating to financial products, cross-border structured finance and mergers and acquisitions. She has represented numerous international and U.S. corporations in connection with private and SEC-registered securities offerings (both debt and equity). She also assists clients with IRS audits, appeals and tax litigation.
Kristen represents a broad range of clients including Ardagh, Barclays, Citigroup, Jefferies, Nokia and Susquehanna International Group LLP.
Prior to joining the firm, Kristen clerked with the U.S. Tax Court.
- The Estate of Andrew J. McKelvey, the founder of Monster.com, in its victory in the United States Tax Court in a case of first impression involving the extension of two variable prepaid forward contracts
- Anglo American on its $1.3 billion senior notes offering consisting of $650 million 3.625% senior notes due 2024 and $650 million 4% senior notes due 2027
- Citibank, N.A. in its acquisition of the U.S. co-brand credit card portfolio of Costco Wholesale Corporation from American Express Company
- Lafarge North America Inc. and its wholly-owned subsidiary, Lafarge Mid-Atlantic LLC, in its sale of certain aggregates quarries and related assets to Bluegrass Materials Company, LLC., following the option exercised by Bluegrass to purchase the quarries and related assets upon the end of an 18 month lease
LL.M. in Taxation
B.A., magna cum laude
- Advisory Board Member – Journal of Taxation of Financial Products