Doug Goldstein is an associate in the Private Equity Group.
He focuses on various domestic and cross-border M&A transactions across a variety of industries, including oil and gas, renewable energy, chemicals and private equity. He has experience assisting an energy company in its sale of oil and gas assets, an alternative asset manager in its sale of shares to an investment firm, and a trading company in its minority investment in a technology company, among other commercial transactions. He also provides general corporate advice and counsels companies on their existing commercial arrangements.
Prior to joining Shearman and Sterling, Doug practiced law for two years in the Tokyo office of a large international firm.
- EnCap Flatrock Midstream, financial sponsor to liquids terminaling and logistics company Moda Midstream, in the company’s definitive agreement to sell the Moda Ingleside Energy Center and other Moda assets to Enbridge for an enterprise value, net of working capital and cash, of approximately $3 billion, subject to closing adjustments.
- Public energy company – $2 billion divestiture of Utica Shale oil and gas assets
- Private investment firm – joint venture with a private midstream company involving a $300 million equity commitment and the acquisition of midstream assets
- Public energy company – $60 million sale of oil and gas assets
- Alternative asset manager – sale of a minority stake to a leading investment firm
- Life insurance company – $950 million sale of a majority stake in its Japanese subsidiary to a Japanese life insurance company
Harvard Law School
Carnegie Mellon University
B.A. in Japanese Language