John Kurtz is an associate in the Mergers & Acquisitions practice.
John focuses his practice on national and international M&A transactions, private equity, special purpose acquisition companies (SPACs), capital raising transactions, and general corporate and securities matters. He advises clients in various industries, including energy, technology, manufacturing, healthcare, defense and aerospace, environmental and waste services, and professional services.
- Microvast, Inc. in its $3.0 billion business combination with Tuscan Holdings Corp., a Nasdaq-listed SPAC, and $57.5 million bridge financing notes offering with affiliates of Luxor Capital Partners
- SAP and Qualtrics in the carve out of Qualtrics from SAP and Qualtrics’ initial public offering raising $1.55 billion and concurrent $670 million private placements
- Mother Lode Holding Co. in its $300 million acquisition by First American Financial Corporation
- CCS Fundraising in its strategic investment by ABRY Partners
- Apexon in its business combination with Infostretch Corporation
- Welltok in its acquisition by Virgin Pulse
- Volta Trucks in its €37 million Series B and €230 million Series C financings
- Amyris in its acquisition of Beauty Labs International Limited
- WinWire Technologies in its strategic investment by Sverica Capital Management
- Futura Title & Escrow in its majority stake sale to Seidler Equity Partners
- Inland Pipe Rehabilitation in its acquisition of Murphy Pipeline Contractors
- FirstEnergy in its $1.75 billion notes offering
- J.F. Lehman in its acquisition of Integrated Global Services
- BEI Precision in its acquisition of Wenzel Associates, Inc.
- NRC Group in its $750 million transaction with Hennessy Capital Acquisition Corp. III, a Nasdaq-listed SPAC, and subsequent $966 million acquisition by US Ecology
University of Virginia School of Law
- Managing Editor, Virginia Tax Review
New York University