Jackson Lam is counsel in the European Finance practice and a leading lawyer in the leveraged finance group.
Jackson has extensive experience advising financial institutions, private equity sponsors, credit funds and other alternative capital providers on acquisition financing transactions. His practice focuses on complex cross border leveraged transactions, syndicated lending and alternative & subordinated financing products.
He completed a secondment in 2014 at the London office of Citigroup working with their leveraged finance team.
Jackson is recognised in Legal 500 UK 2020 as a “Key Lawyer” in Acquisition Finance and Bank lending: Investment Grade Debt and Syndicated Loans.
- Bank of Ireland, Crédit Agricole, ING Bank N.V., National Westminster Bank, Rabobank, Goldman Sachs and MV Credit as senior lenders in connection with the first lien financing in support of the acquisition by the Barentz group of the Maroon Group.
- Goldman Sachs International, Morgan Stanley and Deutsche Bank as mandated lead arrangers in connection with SYNLAB's exchange offer of its Floating Rate Notes due 2022 into a new tranche of its Term Loan B due 2024 and in relation to the extension of SYNLAB's existing Term Loan B due July 2022.
- Nomura Bank International as global co-ordinator and Natixis as mandated lead arranger in connection with various financing for Sebia SA, a world-leading provider of clinical protein electrophoresis and reagents and a portfolio company of CVC.
- The global co-ordinator, arrangers and bookrunners in connection with a €920 million term loan B financing for the SYNLAB Group. The SYNLAB Group is the market leader in medical laboratory services in Europe and is a portfolio company of Cinven.
- J.P. Morgan Securities plc as sole bookrunner in connection with Radisson’s offering of €250 million 6.875% senior secured notes due 2023 and a new €20 million revolving credit facility made available to Radisson. Radisson is one of the world's largest and most dynamic hotel group and is a portfolio company of Jin Jiang International.
- Credit Suisse, Société Générale, BNP Paribas, Crédit Agricole, ING, UniCredit and CaixaBank as initial purchasers in connection with Tendam's (formerly Grupo Cortefiel) €600 million high yield bond offering. Tendam, a portfolio company of CVC and PAI, is a major fashion retailer and is present in 34 countries with 449 direct operated stores and franchises.
- BNP Paribas, HSBC Bank plc, KKR Capital Markets Limited and Unione di Banche Italiane S.p.A. as initial purchasers in connection with the issuance of €455 million senior secured floating rate notes due 2024 and €100 million super senior revolving credit facilities to fund Bain Capital's acquisition of Fedrigoni S.p.A., a leading European manufacturer and distributor of specialty paper.
- The joint global coordinators, mandated lead arrangers and bookrunners in connection with various financing and refinancing for INEOS AG and its subsidiaries including Term Loan B Facilities, Senior Secured Notes and Schuldschein Loan Facility.
- The mandated lead arrangers and bookrunners in connection with various financing and refinancing for the Virgin Media Group.
- The holders of subordinated notes issued by The Co-operative Bank plc in connection with its £1.5bn restructuring and acquisition of control by such holders.
- The mandated lead arranger in connection with the financing TPG's acquisition of TSL Education.
- Bank of America Merrill Lynch, J.P. Morgan and other initial purchasers on Albéa Beauty Holding SA’s €585 million bond issuance in connection with the acquisition of the Rexam Group.
- ABN AMRO Bank N.V. and Citigroup Global Markets Limited as arrangers in connection with the €1,075 million refinancing of Maxeda DIY B.V. group.
- AlbaCore Capital, The Carlyle Group, GSO, Och Ziff, Goldentree and PSP as credit / alternative capital providers in connection with various financing transactions, including, subordinated holdco financing, preferred equity financing and other direct lending transactions.
Sponsors and Borrowers
- Marlin Equity Partners in connection with the acquisition of Unifaun.
- Marlin Equity in connection with the financing of its acquisition of Wax Digital as an add-on to Medius, its portfolio company. Medius is a leading global provider of cloud-based accounts payable automation solutions and Wax Digital is an industry leading procurement solutions provider.
- Investcorp in connection with the financing of its acquisition of Cambio Healthcare Systems, a leading provider of electronic health record software and services.
- Marlin Equity in connection with the financing of its acquisition of Puzzel AS, a leading European provider of cloud-based contact centre software solutions.
- Investcorp in connection with the financing for its acquisition of ABAX Group, an international market leader in vehicle tracking technology, from Norvestor Equity AS for an enterprise value of NOK 1.8 billion ($210 million).
- Investcorp in connection with the financing for its acquisition of the Kee Safety Group, a leading global provider of safety equipment and solutions.
- Interoute Finco in connection with its new €640 million term loan facility agreement. Interoute Finco is a wholly owned subsidiary of Interoute Communications, the owner operator of Europe's largest network and a global cloud services platform.
- Investcorp in connection with the financing of its acquisition of SecureLink, a leading European cyber security infrastructure and managed services provider and subsequent acquisition of Coresec Systems International, Nebulus Solutions Group and iT-Cube Systems.
- Investcorp in connection with the financing of its acquisition of SPG Prints and various refinancing by SPG Prints, the leading global provider of integrated solutions for rotary screen and digital printing for textiles and graphic applications.
- Salt, a subsidiary of Matterhorn Telecom, in connection with Matterhorn Telecom’s offering of €400 million 4.00% senior secured notes due 2027.
- Advent International in connection with the €770 million financing of the acquisition of Oberthur Technologies and a subsequent refinancing.
- Texas Pacific Group as sponsor and Telediffusion de France S.A. in connection with the financing of a €850 million deal to acquire Deutsche Telecom’s Media & Broadcast business.
- Investcorp in connection with the €600 million financing of the acquisition of N&W Global Vending SpA.
Monash University, Australia
Monash University, Australia
- England and Wales
- Victoria, Australia
Awards & Accolades
- Recognised in Chambers UK 2020 as an “'Associate To Watch” in Banking & Finance
- Recognised in Legal 500 UK 2020 as a “Key Lawyer” in Acquisition Finance
- Recognised in Legal 500 UK 2020 as a “Key Lawyer” in Bank lending: Investment Grade Debt and Syndicated Loans