Jason Lehner is a partner in the Capital Markets practice and a Lead Industry Coordinator for Metals & Mining. He is Head of the Toronto Office.
He focuses on advising issuers and investment banks in a broad range of public and private capital markets transactions, including high yield debt issuances, leveraged buyouts and acquisition financings, cross-border securities offerings and liability management transactions. He also advises U.S. and Canadian corporations with respect to corporate governance spin offs and other general corporate matters. He has worked on transactions involving companies in a broad range of industries, including mining and metals, media and telecommunications, power and energy, general industrials, consumer retail and forest products.
- KLX, Capstone Mining, Inmet Mining, Mattamy Homes and Tembec in their high yield debt offerings
- The underwriters in high yield debt offerings by Affinion, AmeriGas, Arch Coal, Brookfield Residential, Brown Shoe, Cablevision, Caleres, Consolidated Communications, Cott, Dana, Flint Energy, Foresight Energy, Harvest Operations, Navistar, Peabody Energy, Penske Automotive Group, Petrobakken, Sunshine Oilsands and Teck Resources
- IMAX for U.S. securities law matters, including equity and high yield debt offerings and liability management transactions
- Fairfax Financial in connection with U.S. securities law matters, including debt offerings and liability management transactions
- B/E Aerospace in connection with U.S. securities law matters, including its high yield debt offerings and its spinoff of KLX
- The underwriters in equity offerings by Cenovus, Colfax, Cott, Foresight Energy, Inmet Mining, Kinross Gold and Macquarie Infrastructure
- Investment grade offerings by Agrium, Bank of Montreal, Canadian Natural Resources, CCL Industries, CDP Financial, Cenovus, Kinross, Magna International, ONEOK, Provinces of British Columbia and Ontario, WestJet and West Fraser Timber
New York University School of Law
- New York
- Foreign Legal Consultant, Ontario