Rachel Mossman is an associate in the Litigation practice. She focuses on representing plaintiffs and defendants in domestic and international disputes at the trial and appellate level and in multidistrict litigation. These cases have included complex commercial, antitrust, corporate governance, RICO, and class action claims. Most recently, Rachel played a key role in the representation of a contact lens retailer in a matter involving class action antitrust allegations, in which she obtained a favorable resolution for her client. Rachel has also worked on numerous other litigation matters spanning a variety of industries, including healthcare, energy, and financial and consulting services.
In addition, Rachel recently co-authored a chapter titled “USA: Competition Litigation 2020,” for the International Comparative Legal Guide to: Competition Litigation 2020, detailing how competition rules are enforced in the United States.
- Representing health insurer in antitrust litigation alleging use of most-favored nations clauses in hospital contracts violates state and federal antitrust laws.
- Representing a private equity firm in litigation in the Delaware Court of Chancery regarding control rights.
- Representing a contracting firm in a class action antitrust litigation challenging the hiring practices of defense contractors at a defense intelligence operations center located in England.
- Represented online retailer in a putative class action alleging that certain trademark settlement agreements violate the antitrust laws; also representing retailer in a parallel action brought by the Federal Trade Commission making the same claims.
- Represented a defendant in litigation alleging breaches of fiduciary duty related to equity conversions.
- Represented medical equipment services company bringing antitrust claims against competitor for use of bundled discounts.
- Represented retailers of processed milk alleging conspiracy to divide markets and restrict output.
- Represented class to achieve $297 million settlement in one of the largest civil RICO class action settlements in recent history.
- Represented retailer in breach of contract suit brought in Northern District of Illinois.
University of Virginia School of Law
The College of Charleston
- District of Columbia
- Not licensed in Texas. Texas bar application pending.
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- “USA: Competition Litigation 2022,” International Comparative Legal Guide to: Competition Litigation 2022 (October 7, 2021)
- “USA: Competition Litigation 2020,” International Comparative Legal Guide to: Competition Litigation 2020 (October 15, 2019)
- “States Writing Biometric-Capture Laws May Look To Illinois,” Law360 (July 14, 2015)
- “Why Antitrust? For Lawyers," American Bar Association (July 21, 2020)