Colm Ó hUiginn is a senior associate in the Project Development & Finance practice.
Colm has experience advising on projects across a range of sectors including energy, infrastructure and real estate development.
Colm is recognized as an ‘excellent project practitioner’ by Legal500 (2018) and prior to joining Shearman & Sterling, Colm worked for a large Irish corporate law firm.
- Masdar (Future Energy Company) on its development and financing of the 158 MW Cibuk 1 Wind Farm in the Republic of Serbia
- Bahrain Petroleum Company B.S.C. (BAPCO) on the development and financing of its $6 billion refinery upgrade and modernisation program, Bahrain
- Golar Power on the development of the Porto de Sergipe LNG-to-Power project in Brazil
- Gerald Metals on the EPC and financing arrangements for the Marampa Project in Sierre Leone
- Guinea Alumina Corporation (a joint venture between Mubadala Development Company and Dubai Aluminium) on the development of a bauxite mine, alumina refinery and related infrastructure in the Republic of Guinea
University College Dublin
LLM in Commercial Law
BCL in European
- England and Wales
- Ireland - On the Roll