Helena Potts is a partner in our Financial Restructuring & Insolvency practice based in London.
Helena has experience across a broad range of restructuring matters having acted for the full spectrum of stakeholders in formal and informal restructurings and refinancings. She has a particular emphasis on advising in high value complex cross-border restructurings and matters involving defined benefit pension schemes.
Helena has experience in a range of sectors including automotive, financial services, leisure, manufacturing, and publishing.
- Savannah Petroleum plc in respect of its investment in, and acquisition of, the Seven Energy group.*
- The strategic bidder in the acquisition and restructuring of Scholz Group, a leading global recycling company.*
- The ad hoc committee of bank lenders in connection with the ongoing US$1.2 billion financial restructuring of Mriya, a major Ukrainian agricultural business.*
- A super senior lender syndicate in connection with a multi-billion bank and bond restructuring, including one provision of intermediate bridge finance.*
- An Icelandic bank regarding the repayment of secured debt and the sale of a portfolio of debt and equity assets.*
- The ABI Special Committee of Senior Noteholders in relation to the restructuring of the £2.4 billion bond debt of the Punch Group, a publicly listed pub group with 4,000 pubs and a double securitisation structure.*
- A lifestyle company in relation to the restructuring of its European operations.*
- A global print press manufacturer in relation to its financial and operational restructuring effected by CVA.*
- The mezzanine co-ordinating committee in relation to the £1.1 billion restructuring and scheme of arrangement of the Biffa Group, a UK waste management business.*
- An ad hoc committee of holders of €1.3 billion 8% notes due 2014 issued by Lighthouse International Company S.A. and guaranteed on a subordinated basis by SEAT Pagine Gialle S.p.A., a publicly listed Italian directories business, in connection with its financial restructuring.*
- The AfriSam consortium, a leading black-empowered construction materials group in southern Africa, in connection with its financial and equity capital restructuring of approximately €1.1 billion of senior secured notes, €1 billion of senior hedging liabilities, and €800,000 of junior PIK instruments.*
- Margin loan lenders in connection with realisation and enforcement strategies.*
- Various funds in relation to domestic and international investment restructuring opportunities and related contingency planning and strategic positioning.*
*Denotes prior firm experience
Oxford Institute of Legal Practice
University of Manchester