Emily Poulsen is an associate in the U.S. Private Equity Group and is a member of the firm’s Energy Industry Group.
Emily focuses her practice on private equity transactions at all stages of the private equity fund life cycle, particularly private equity fund formation, capital investment in and formation of portfolio companies, and exits through M&A transactions, public offerings, strategic recapitalizations and other liquidity events.
Emily advises clients on private equity fund, sponsor regulatory and compliance matters. She also regularly advises boards and management teams on a variety of corporate concerns, including complex corporate governance, securities law compliance and equity and debt financing.
- Private equity fund sponsor in a joint venture with an unaffiliated fund sponsor to pursue renewable energy investments
- Private equity fund sponsor in the formation of a renewable energy co-investment fund
- Private equity fund sponsor in the formation of its twelfth private equity fund and related midstream focused fund
- Management team in the negotiation of a $100 million commitment from a private equity fund sponsor with over $300 billion in assets under management
- Management team in the negotiation of a $100 million commitment from a private equity fund sponsor with over $7 billion in assets under management
- Certain investment funds managed by Yorktown Partners LLC in connection with equity investments and various recapitalization transactions in Indigo Minerals LLC, alongside Trilantic Capital Partners, Ridgemont Equity Partners and Martin Companies, L.L.C.
- Private equity fund sponsor in the formation of its eleventh private equity fund, with total investor commitments of $1.2 billion
- Private equity fund sponsor in the formation of its seventh private equity fund and an affiliated co-investment vehicle, with total aggregate investor commitments of $750 million
- Investment funds managed by Yorktown Partners LLC in equity investments in various portfolio companies totaling over $1 billion in the aggregate
Mergers, Acquisitions and Divestures
- Yates Petroleum Corporation in its $2.4 billion merger with EOG Resources, Inc.
- Reliance Holding USA, Inc. in its divestiture of its Eagle Ford Shale Midstream business for $2.15 billion
- Subsidiary of Chilean publicly traded company in its acquisition of convenience store chain in the United States
- Certain investment funds managed by Yorktown Partners LLC in the registered secondary offering of shares of common stock of Antero Midstream Corporation (NYSE: AM)
- Certain investment funds managed by Yorktown Partners in connection with initial public offering of Brigham Minerals, Inc. (NYSE: MNRL)
- Certain investment funds managed by Yorktown Partners in connection with initial public offering of Solaris Oilfield Infrastructure, Inc. (NYSE: SOI)
- Certain investment funds managed by Yorktown Partners LLC in connection with a transaction achieving a simplified midstream corporate structure of Antero Midstream GP LP (NYSE: AMGP) and Antero Midstream GP LP (NYSE: AM)
- Represented trustee in Chapter 11 bankruptcy reorganization of life settlement provider and securitization of policy portfolio
- Various public issuers with respect to periodic reporting, corporate governance, and general corporate matters
University of Oklahoma College of Law
J.D. (With Highest Honors)
- Certificate in Law and Entrepreneurship
- Order of the Coif
- Note and Comment Editor, Oklahoma Law Review
University of Oklahoma
B.B.A. in Energy Management and Finance, summa cum laude
- National Merit Scholar
- Vice President of Finance, Student Business Association
- Crimson Club