Michèle Smith is a senior associate in the European Finance practice.
Michèle has extensive experience across a wide spectrum of cross-border leveraged finance and acquisition finance and restructuring transactions. She represents commercial banks, investment banks, hedge funds, alternative credit providers, private equity sponsors and corporate borrowers in a variety of leveraged finance and corporate finance deals.
- The initial purchasers and the mandated lead arrangers in connection with Constellation Automotive's senior credit facilities, second lien facility and inaugural bond financing.
- The lenders in connection with the senior financing in support of the acquisition of Rodenstock Group by funds advised by Apax.
- The lenders in connection with the senior financing in support of the acquisition of the KPMG U.K. restructuring business by HIG Capital.
- Investcorp in connection with the financing of its acquisition of Investis Digital, a leading global digital communications company.
- The notes purchasers in connection with Travelodge’s £65 million private placement of 9% senior secured notes due 2025 issued by TVL Finance plc, an affiliate of Travelodge Hotels.
- Marlin Equity Partners in connection with the acquisition of Unifaun.
- DBAY Advisors in connection with the financings for the acquisition of the Eddie Stobart Group.
- AlbaCore Capital Group in connection with its investment in TDR Capital’s recommended cash offer of £1.9 billion for BCA Market Place.
- Deutsche Bank AG, London Branch, BNP Paribas, Crédit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank, Natixis and Société Générale, as joint bookrunners, in connection with Loxam S.A.S.’s high yield notes offering, consisting of €700 million 3.25% senior secured notes due 2025, €450 million 3.75% senior secured notes due 2026 and €250 million 5.75% senior subordinated notes due 2027.
- A credit fund in connection with various financings, including direct lending transactions.
- The lenders in connection with various refinancing transactions of Virgin Media's bank debt.
- Goldman Sachs and Crédit Industriel et Commercial in connection with Travelodge’s £440 million offering of its senior secured floating rate notes due 2025 issued by TVL Finance, an affiliate of Travelodge Hotels. The proceeds of the offering were used to redeem the Issuer’s existing senior secured floating rate notes and its existing senior secured fixed rate notes.
- J.P. Morgan Securities plc as sole bookrunner in connection with Radisson’s offering of €250 million 6.875% senior secured notes due 2023. The firm also advised J.P. Morgan as mandated lead arranger in connection with a new €20 million revolving credit facility made available to Radisson.
- Frigoglass group, a global leader in the Ice Cold Merchandisers market, in connection with the restructuring of its existing indebtedness, which included €250 million 8.25 percent senior notes due 2018 issued by Frigoglass Finance and over €80 million of existing bank debt across eight facilities agreements.
- Interoute Finco in connection with its €640 million term loan facility agreement.
Kaplan Law School
Pembroke College, Oxford
BA in Jurisprudence (First Class Honours)
- Sixth Annual Leveraged Finance Academy - 2019
- Fifth Annual Leveraged Finance Academy – 2018
- “ECB Publishes Final Guidance on Leveraged Transactions- what this means for banks”, Perspective - May 2017