Emanuele Trucco is a partner in the Capital Markets and M&A practices.
Emanuele has a significant corporate finance and private and public mergers and acquisition experience.
He represents both underwriters and corporate clients in public and private offerings, with an emphasis on equity transactions involving privatizations, IPOs, public offerings and private placements, as well as issuers in connection with ongoing corporate governance and securities law matters.
Emanuele has also a broad-based private and public mergers and acquisition expertise, including representation of corporate clients, real estate funds and private equity sponsors in buy-side/sell-side asset and stock purchases and sales and auctions.
He was resident in the New York office from the end of 2007 through 2009.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Piteco S.p.A. in connection with the acquisition of a majority stake in RAD Informatica S.r.l and several other acquisitions.
- The Blackstone Group in connection with the acquisition of a minority interest in Italian real estate group Kryalos.
- CVC Capital Partners in connection with the acquisition of Pasubio S.p.A.
- The shareholders of the G. Angeloni Group, Impregnatex S.r.l. and Industria Tessuti Tecnologici S.r.l. in the sale to an Italian affiliate of ORCA Développement S.A., a French company controlled by the private equity funds IDI and Andera Partners.
- Coima SGR S.p.A., COIMA RES SIIQ S.p.A. and their affiliates in connection with a number of real estate assets acquisitions.
- Dover Corporation in connection with the acquisition of (i) Ravaglioli S.p.A, (ii) JK Group S.p.A., (iii) Finder Pompe S.p.A. and (iv) MS Printing S.r.l. and the disposal of Finder Pompe S.r.l.
- York Capital Management Europe (UK) Advisors LLP in connection with the acquisition from Milano 90 S.r.l. of a portfolio of prestigious buildings located in the historic center of Rome.
- Allianz S.p.A. in connection with its acquisition of a portion of the non-life insurance business of UnipolSai Assicurazioni S.p.A.
- Qatar Holding LLC in its (i) initial investment and (ii) follow-up full acquisition of the Porta Nuova real estate projects in Milan, Italy, one of the most prestigious city center mixed-use developments in Europe, with a market value in excess of €2 billion.
- Mittel S.p.A. and Equinox SA in connection with their disposal of a stake in LivaNova, PLC.
- Bellco S.r.l., a portfolio company of the fund Charme II managed by Montezemolo & Partners SGR, in connection with several corporate and commercial matters.
- Digitouch S.p.A. in a number of acquisitions and disposals.
- General Electric in connection with its $4.3 billion acquisition of the aviation business of Avio S.p.A.
- Amadeus Capital Partners Limited and R Capital Management in connection with the acquisition of a 60% interest in Octo Telematics S.p.A. alongside Montezemolo & Partners SGR, acting in its capacity as management company of the fund Charme II.
- The Della Valle family of Italy in connection with its investment in Saks Inc.
- Realty Vailog S.p.A. in connection with the cash tender offer for all of its shares promoted by Industria e Innovazione S.p.A. and its subsequent public reverse merger with Industria e Innovazione.
- Sorin S.p.A. in connection with its acquisition of Datascope Inc.’s Endoscopic Vein Harvesting business.
- La Gaiana S.p.A. in its public merger with Gabetti Property Solutions S.p.A.
- Gabetti Property Solutions Group in connection with the establishment of its real estate joint ventures in Romania.
- Buongiorno S.p.A. in various corporate transactions including its acquisition of Rocket Mobile, Inc. and the establishment of its Hong Kong joint venture with the Mitsui Group.
- Anima Holding in the placement of €300 million of non-convertible senior unsecured bond, due April 22, 2028.
- Salini Impregilo S.p.A. in connection with its €600 million global offering of new ordinary shares in the context of Progetto Italia, the project aimed at strengthening the Italian large works and construction sectors
- Mediobanca – Banca di Credito Finanziario S.p.A. and UniCredit Bank AG, Milan Branch (in their role as joint global coordinators), Banca Akros S.p.A., Banca IMI S.p.A and BNP Paribas (in their role as joint bookrunners) in connection with the €100 million rights offering of F.I.L.A. – Fabbrica Italiana Lapis ed Affini S.p.A.
- Anima Holding S.p.A. in (i) its inaugural €300 Eurobonds offering in October 2019, (ii) its €300 million rights offering of May 2018 and its (ii) initial public offering and listing of its ordinary shares on the Italian stock exchange in March 2014.
- Piteco S.p.A. in the listing of its ordinary shares on the MTA segment of Italian stock exchange.
- Somec S.p.A. in the listing of its ordinary shares on the MTA segment of Italian stock exchange.
- Rainbow S.p.A. on its proposed initial public offering and listing of ordinary shares on the Italian stock exchange.
- Banco Popolare Società Cooperativa in connection with its €1 billion rights offering.
- Coima RES S.p.A. and its sponsor shareholder Qatar Holding LLC in connection with the initial public offering and listing of the ordinary shares of Coima RES S.p.A. on the Italian stock exchange.
- Banca Sistema S.p.A. in its initial public offering and listing of its ordinary shares on the Italian stock exchange.
- Banca Carige S.p.A. in connection with its (i) €850 million rights offering of June 2015, and (ii) €800 million rights offering of June 2014.
- J.P. Morgan, Banca IMI, UniCredit Bank and Deutsche Bank as initial purchasers in connection with the issuance by Snai S.p.A. €320,000,000 7.625% senior secured notes due 2018 and €160,000,000 12.000% senior subordinated notes due 2018.
- Rottapharm S.p.A. in its proposed initial public offering and listing of its ordinary shares on the Italian stock exchange.
- Fondiaria-SAI S.p.A. in connection with its €1.1 billion rights offering.
- MolMed S.p.A. in its 2010 rights offering.
- Pirelli & C. Real Estate in its €400 million rights offering.
- Banca IMI and Société Générale as Joint Global Coordinators in the initial public offering of MolMed S.p.A. and listing of its ordinary shares on the Italian stock exchange.
- Credit Suisse as sole global coordinator in the institutional offering of Investimenti e Sviluppo Mediterraneo S.p.A. and listing of its ordinary shares on the Italian stock exchange.
- Merrill Lynch and UniCredit as Joint Global Coordinators in connection with the initial public offering of Damiani S.p.A. and listing of its ordinary shares on the Italian stock exchange.
- Poltrona Frau S.p.A. in its initial public offering and listing of its ordinary shares on the Italian stock exchange.
- The underwriters, led by Credit Suisse, as Italian counsel in the Rule 144A/Regulation S initial public offering and SWX Swiss Exchange listing of BioXell S.p.A., the first ever IPO by an Italian company on the SWX Swiss Exchange.
- MetroGAS S.A. in connection with in its Italian Consob registered public exchange offer to its noteholders residing in Italy in connection with the global restructuring of its financial indebtedness.
- UniCredit Group in connection with its U.S. financing activities that include its $10 billion MTN program.
- Merrill Lynch International and Mediobanca S.p.A. in the €4.1 billion fourth tranche of the privatization of Enel S.p.A.
University of Pennsylvania Law School
Università degli Studi di Milano
Emanuele Trucco has been recommended and ranked by Chambers Global and Chambers Europe in each of their guides since 2013 among the leading Italian equity capital markets lawyers and described as “really good to work with: terrifically smart and extremely careful” and “a popular figure with clients, who appreciate his ‘keen eye for problem solving’ and his ability to identify issues and come up with a solution in an effective way.” Emanuele is recognized by Legal 500 among the “Next generation partners” in the Italian equity capital markets and by IFLR1000 as a “rising star” in the capital markets industry.