The HKVCA China Private Equity Summit 2020
Asia Regional Managing Partner and Head of Greater China Lorna Chen spoke at two panel sessions at the HKVCA China Private Equity Summit on August 28, 2020.
In the “Women’s Panel” session which featured a panel of female industry leaders, Lorna discussed the following topics with her co-panelists:
- Impact of both the COVID-19 pandemic and the increase in heightened sensitivities globally on diversity and inclusion
- The short and long-term effects of the pandemic (both good and bad) on female professionals in the industry
- How the “new normal” of virtual working arrangements is playing out in different parts of the world and some of the best practices
Lorna was also a panelist for the “Limited Partnership Fund Ordinance” session which covered the following topics:
- What was the background to enactment of the Limited Partnership Fund Ordinance (LPFO) in Hong Kong?
- To what extent is Hong Kong’s LPFO similar to other limited partnership regimes popular with GPs and LPs?
- Who can and will be users of Hong Kong’s regime?
- What advantages does Hong Kong’s regime provide?
- What are the potential obstacles to wider use of Hong Kong’s regime by the private equity and venture capital industry?
The HKVCA’s flagship China Private Equity Summit was held virtually for the first time with as many as 700 venture capital and private equity practitioners, corporates and other industry professionals joining the event online.