Emerging Trends in Private Equity Fund Terms
Partner Michael Saarinen (New York-Investment Funds) participated in a webinar entitled “Private Equity Fund Terms: Emerging Trends and Recent Developments” on Tuesday, Thursday, June 10 at 1:00 pm ET to discuss the latest trends and hot issues in private equity fund terms and best practices for structuring and negotiating fund document terms for private equity sponsors and limited partner (LP) investors.
The panel discussion also explored:
- What are the LP investor hot button issues in "no-fault divorce" and "for cause" termination rights for removal of GPs and GP standard of care, fiduciary duties, and indemnification provisions?
- What are the most recent trends concerning carried interest calculations and clawback mechanisms?
- How are PE fund sponsors reacting to increasing SEC and LP investor scrutiny over expense allocation practices?
- What are the current developments in co-investment terms, and how have those terms evolved?
- How are these issues addressed in ILPA's Model Limited Partnership Agreement?