Shearman & Sterling is pleased to announce the list of industry leaders who spoke at the inaugural Digital Finance Summit on November 15–16 in New York City. This event was also livestreamed.
Brought to you by FinTech Foundry by Shearman, the Digital Finance Summit explored how emerging technologies are disrupting the financial services sector, how traditional institutions are adapting to the changing market and the race to regulate them.
Below is a list of speakers for each day:
Tuesday, November 15:
- Ilyas Khan, Founder and CEO, Quantinuum
- Yuval Rooz, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Digital Asset
- Talis Seja, Chief Legal Officer, Fidelity Digital Assets
- Maria Gotsch, President and Chief Executive Officer, Partnership Fund for New York City
- Hugh Shannon, Head of Sales & Customer Success, OakNorth
- Christopher Mariadason, Chief Compliance Officer, Gemini Trust Company
- H. Joshua Rivera, General Counsel, Blockchain Capital
- Sarah Elliott, Bank Director, Anchorage Digital
- Jeremy Solomon, Partner, NYCA Partners
- Frank Chaparro, Editor-at-Large, The Block
Wednesday, November 16:
- Sandra Ro, Chief Executive Officer, Global Blockchain Business Council
- Jessica Renier, Managing Director, Digital Financer, Institution of International Finance
- Michael Ashe, Head of Investment Banking, Galaxy Digital
- Henry Pinnell, Senior Managing Director, Tech Investment Banking, Silicon Valley Bank Securities
- Samantha Lewis, Principal, Mercury Fund
- Camilo Kejner, Managing Partner at Angel Ventures
- Chris Brummer, Agnes N. Williams Professor and Faculty Director of the Institute of International Economic Law, Georgetown University Law Center
- Jonah Crane, Partner, Klaros Group
With an audience of senior leaders and decision makers from financial institutions, corporate businesses, venture funds and regulatory and government agencies, this event hosted conversations around the shifting economic landscape and the role of emerging technologies in financial services focusing on digital assets, M&A, investment trends, Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) and more.
- The Future of Money: Central Bank Digital Currencies and Stablecoins
- Crypto Going Mainstream: The Institutionalization of Digital Assets
- Decentralization: The Evolving Web 3.0 Business Model
- M&A Outlook: Looking Ahead in Times of Uncertainty
- The Regulatory Compass: New Pressures on FinTechs for Effective Legal and Compliance Management
Learn more about the Digital Finance Summit.
FinTech Foundry by Shearman provides multi-disciplinary legal and industry knowledge, thought leadership, and a forum to connect key participants in the wider FinTech ecosystem. Leveraging our deep regulatory knowledge and cross-border capabilities, we assist clients cultivate relationships with market participants, deliver innovative solutions to increasingly complex legal and regulatory issues, and capitalize on opportunities presented by regulatory reform initiatives and market developments.
For more information, please contact the FinTech Foundry by Shearman Team.