Laurent Asquin is Counsel in the Private Equity and Mergers & Acquisitions practices.
He advises clients on all types of corporate transactions, including domestic and international mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, restructuring, private equity transactions, leveraged buy-outs and management packages.
Laurent acts for corporations of all sizes, start-ups, private equity funds and management teams in a broad range of sectors.
- Bpifrance, alongside Tikehau Capital and Tikehau Ace Capital, on its investment in ChapsVision, a French data platform provider.
- PAI Partners and European Camping Group on the acquisition of Vacanceselect by European Camping Group from Permira.
- Montefiore Investment for the acquisition of the French listed company Groupe Open, through two successive tender offers followed by a squeeze out.
- Sodexo Group on the sale of the Lido Parisian cabaret to Accor Group.
- Sodexo in connection with its sale of Crèches de France, Nemomarlin and Elly & Stoffl to the Grandir group.*
- Worldline in connection with its acquisition of the card acquiring business in the Nordic countries of the Swedish group Handelsbanken.*
- Abenex in connection with its investment in the HTDS Group, specialized in the distribution and maintenance of high technology detection systems.*
- The founders of Ariadnext in connection with its sale to IDnow, a leading Pan-European identity verification platform.*
- Medtronic in connection with its acquisition of Medicrea, a French listed company operating in the health sector.*
- Société Générale for its acquisition of Shine, a leading French neobank for entrepreneurs.*
- Bridgepoint Development Capital for its sale of the 5àsec Group, an international group specialized in cleaning and ironing clothes, to LGT Capital.*
- Worldline for its acquisition of minority interest in equensWorldline, the European leader in payments and transactional services, from ABN Amro, DZ Bank, ICBPI, ING and Rabobank.*
- JOA Group in the context of its acquisition of Emeraude group, specialised in operating casinos and hotels.*
- Cathay Capital, BPIFrance, Merieux development and Auriga partners in the context of the sale of their majority interest in Amplitude Laser Group, a world leader laser manufacturer, to L-Gam.*
- Bridgepoint Development Capital in the context of the refinancing of Sotralu group, the European leader aluminium carpentry manufacturer.*
- Cube infrastructure Fund II in connection with its acquisition of Cars Savac, a French transport company.*
- The founder of Go Fluent, a group specialised in language learning, in connection with the sale of a minority stake to Capital Transmission, a Swiss private equity firm.*
- The founders of Disa Technology, a supplier of innovative adhesive films used in the aerospace, transportation and industrial equipment sector, in connection with its sale to AkzoNobel.*
- Limagrain in connection with its acquisition of Unicorn Grain Specialties, a Dutch group specialised in ingredients used in human food and animal feed, from Nordian Capital.*
- Fosun international in connection with its acquisition of majority interest in the Lanvin group, a French multinational high fashion house.*
*Denotes prior firm experience
Freie Universität Berlin and University of Versailles
LLB in Law
Universität Paris I, Panthéon-Sorbonne
University of Paris-Dauphine
M.A., European and International Business Law
- Member of the International Bar Association
- Auditor of the 66th Youth Seminar of the French Institute of Higher National Defence Studies
Awards & Accolades
- Best Lawyers: “Ones to Watch” category – Private Equity Law and Corporate Law – 2023
- Best Lawyers: “Ones to Watch” category – Private Equity Law – 2022