Woo Suk Hong is a dual-qualified senior associate in the European Finance practice and is admitted in England and Wales and New York.
Woo Suk has extensive experience acting for issuers, underwriters and hedge funds on a wide range of debt capital markets and structured finance transactions, including in relation to distressed and restructuring investment opportunities, involving MTN programmes; Rule 144A and Reg S bonds; regulatory capital instruments; corporate hybrid securities; exchangeable bonds; liability management; commercial paper and certificates of deposit programmes; repackaging; and securitisations.
- Joint global coordinators and joint bookrunners in connection with the €175 million Rule 144A / Regulation S initial public offering and listing on Nasdaq Tallinn of Enefit Green AS, the renewables subsidiary of Estonian state-owned energy company Eesti Energia AS.
- Initial purchasers and dealer managers in connection with Banco do Brasil’s $750 million bond offering and concurrent intermediated tender offer.
- AlbaCore in connection with its investment of up to $200 million in Babylon Holdings Limited (Babylon).
- Marubeni Corporation, INCJ and Mitsui O.S.K. Lines in connection with the disposal of the shipping vessels group, Seajacks.
- Ardagh Metal Packaging as the parent and guarantor, in connection with a $325 million asset-based financing, agented by Bank of America, to be used for working capital and other general corporate purposes, and to pay certain fees and expenses.
- Initial purchasers in connection with Stonegate Pub Company Limited’s (Stonegate) £165 million additional aggregate principal amount of 8.25 percent senior secured notes due 2025 issued by Stonegate Pub Company Financing 2019 plc.
- ADNOC in connection with its $1.64 billion combined offering of existing shares in ADNOC Distribution and issuance of equity-linked bonds.
- Itaú Unibanco Holding S.A. in connection with the issuance of its US$500 million 3.875 percent subordinated Tier 2 notes due 2031 under its Global MTN Programme.
- The note purchasers in connection with Stonegate Pub Company Limited’s private placement of an additional £120 million of 8.25% senior secured notes by Stonegate Pub Company Financing 2019 plc.
- The dealer managers in connection with an offer to purchase for cash made by CFLD (Cayman) Investment Limited for its 6.5% guaranteed bonds due 2020, guaranteed by China Fortune Land Development Co., Ltd.
- The lenders City Lodge Hotels Limited (CLHG) in connection with its rights offering.
- The joint lead managers in connection with CNPC Global Capital Limited’s offering of $600 million 1.125% bonds due 2023, $900 million 1.350% bonds due 2025 and the $500 million 2% bonds due 2030, irrevocably and unconditionally guaranteed by China National Petroleum Corporation.
- STMicroelectronics in connection with its $1.5 billion offering of senior unsecured convertible bonds and the early redemption of its outstanding $750 million zero coupon convertible bonds due 2022.
- Anglo American in connection with its offering of $750 million 5.375% senior guaranteed notes due 2025 and $750 million 5.625% senior notes due 2030 and in connection with its offering of $1,000 million 2.625% senior notes due 2030 and $500 million 3.950% senior notes due 2050.
- GLP Pte. Ltd in connection with the update of its $4 Billion Euro Medium Term Note Programme.
- Itaú Unibanco in connection with the update of its $100 billion Global Medium Term Note Programme and its drawdown of subordinated debt thereunder and in connection with it's $500 million Tier II notes offering.
- Impact Investment Exchange Pte. Ltd. on the offering of $10.5 million aggregate principal amount of 4% Women's Livelihood Bond 2 due 2024 and $1.5 million subordinated debt from Rockefeller Foundation.
- Banco do Brasil, the Brazilian state-owned bank and one of the largest banks in Brazil, in connection with the update of its $20 billion UK law Euro Medium Term Note Program and its drawdown of $ 750 million in senior unsecured notes that closed on March 20, 2019.
- BB Securities Ltd., Banco Bradesco BBI S.A., BTG Pactual US Capital, LLC, Citigroup Global Markets Inc., Deutsche Bank Securities Inc., Morgan Stanley & Co. LLC and UBS Securities LLC as joint lead managers in connection with Banco BTG Pactual S.A.’s $5 Billion Global Medium-Term Note Program.
- The managers in connection with a series of bond offerings by CFLD (Cayman) Investment Ltd.
- Coca-Cola European Partners US, LLC (CCEP US) on its solicitations of consents to substitute Coca Cola European Partners plc (CCEP) as the issuer and principal debtor and CCEP US as the guarantor under certain euro-denominated notes previously issued by CCEP US.
- BNP Paribas as dealer manager in connection with Cable and Wireless International Finance B.V.'s tender offer for its outstanding 8.625% guaranteed bonds due 2019.
- J.P. Morgan Securities plc as consent solicitation agent in connection with a series of consent solicitations by China Fortune Land Development Co., Ltd in connection with a series of its outstanding bonds.
- Deutsche Bank AG, London Branch, J.P. Morgan Securities plc, Citigroup Global Markets Limited and WOOD & Company Financial Services as underwriters, in connection with the € 669.5 million IPO and privatization of Nova Ljubljanska banka dd, Ljubljana on the Ljubljana Stock Exchange and the London Stock Exchange.
- Piraeus Bank S.A. on the successful closing of Project Amoeba. The transaction involved the sale of a €1.95 billion portfolio of non-performing and denounced corporate credit exposures, backed by real-estate collateral, to Bain Capital Credit LP. This is a landmark transaction, marking the first commercial real-estate backed NPE transaction in Greece.
- Various hedge funds in connection with their investments in distressed and special situations opportunities.
- England und Wales
- New York