James is a senior associate in the Litigation practice. His practice focuses on complex cross-border disputes, investigations and contentious regulatory matters. He also has an active advisory practice, including advising on restructuring and insolvency situations.
- Acting for Etihad Airways in the High Court and Court of Appeal in relation to cross-border litigation arising out of the insolvency of Air Berlin.
- Acting for certain bondholders in London Capital & Finance in their High Court claim for judicial review against the Financial Services Compensation Scheme.
- Acting for Cyrus Capital in a complex contractual claim in the Financial List of the High Court.
- Advising a corporate in connection with obtaining injunctive relief and other remedies for breach of contract.
- Advising a household U.S. corporate in connection with a contentious expert determination process arising in the context of an SPA.
- Advising an international corporate in relation to its GDPR obligations in connection with a wholesale policy review.
- Acting for NatWest in relation to a €1.9 billion fraudulent misrepresentation claim in connection with EURIBOR in the High Court.
- Acting for an international investment bank in relation to an FCA enforcement action.
- Advising a high-profile tech company in relation to a claim in defamation and malicious falsehood.
- Advising a limited partnership in relation to threatened claims for lawful means conspiracy, breach of partnership duties and breach of contract, worth up to £750 million.
The College of Law, London
University of Warwick
BA Hons in Classical Civilisation (1st Class)
- James has been on secondment to the in-house legal team of an international investment bank and has written for and contributed to a number of legal publications.
- James also has an active pro bono practice, including a working knowledge of international human rights and environmental law. James has acted for individuals as an advocate before the social entitlement tribunal and advises NGOs and other multilateral organisations on matters of human rights and environmental law.