Michael J. S. Moran is Director & Client Value Lawyer in the Finance practice.
Admitted in New York, England & Wales and Ireland, Michael is a dual-qualified finance attorney. He leads knowledge management, client value and practice operations initiatives for the Finance practice and is based in New York.
Prior to joining Shearman & Sterling, Michael was an associate at Davis Polk from 2008-2014, where his practice focused on representing borrowers and lenders in complex cross-border finance transactions, including leveraged and investment-grade deals, acquisition financings and sponsor-backed transactions.
Michael is President of the Irish American Bar Association of New York and a Programming Committee Member of the New York City Knowledge Management & Innovation Networking Group.
New York University
- Arthur T. Vanderbilt Scholarship
- Transitional Justice Scholarship
Trinity College, Dublin
- First Class Honours
- Entrance Exhibition Award
- Sweet & Maxwell Law Prize
- Trinity College Book Prize Winner
- Editor and Intervarsity Officer, Trinity College Law Review
- New York
- England und Wales
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States Supreme Court
- President, Irish American Bar Association of New York
- Member, Programming Committee, New York City Knowledge Management & Innovation Networking Group
- Member, Awards Committee, International Legal Technology Association (ILTA)
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, New York State Bar Association
- Member, International Bar Association
Awards & Accolades
- Recipient of ILTA’s Distinguished Peer Award for "Young Professionals to Watch" in 2019
- Honored as an “Empire State Counsel” by New York State Bar Association for provision of pro bono services in 2009, 2010 and 2014