Jake Shaughnessy is an associate in the Mergers & Acquisitions practice.
Jake focuses on complex domestic and cross-border transactions, including public and private mergers, hostile bids unsolicited transactions, proxy contests, tender offers, divestitures, auction sales, private equity, and joint ventures. His experience spans across multiple sectors, including TMT, manufacturing and industrials, agriculture, healthcare and pharmaceuticals, banking and finance, transportation, and hospitality.
- JetBlue Airways Corp. in its pending acquisition of Spirit Airlines for approximately $3.8 billion following JetBlue’s hostile takeover bid for Spirit, including the “vote no” proxy campaign against Spirit’s $2.9 billion merger with Frontier Group and JetBlue’s all cash tender offer to acquire Spirit for $30 per share.
- Boston Scientific Corporation in its pending acquisition of Apollo Endosurgery, Inc., a medical technology company focused on development of next-generation, minimally invasive therapeutic endoscopy devices designed to treat a variety of gastrointestinal conditions, for approximately $615 million.
- Vontier Corporation in its acquisition of DRB Systems, LLC, a leading provider of point of sale, workflow software, and control solutions to the car wash industry, from affiliates of New Mountain Capital LLC, for approximately $965 million.
- Goldman Sachs Bank USA, operating under the Marcus by Goldman Sachs brand, in its acquisition from Capital One, National Association of the consumer and small business co-branded credit card accounts established under the General Motors LLC co-branded credit card program operated by Capital One, for approximately $1.9 billion.
- Glatfelter Corporation in its acquisition of the Jacob Holm group, a Switzerland-based leading innovator of spunlace nonwoven fabrics and finished goods, for approximately $302 million.
- invoX Pharma Limited in its tender offer to acquire all of the issued and outstanding shares of common stock of F-star Therapeutics, Inc., a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company, for approximately $161 million.
- Bunge Limited in the sale of certain of its U.S. grain origination elevators along the Mississippi River to Zen-Noh Grain Corporation, a subsidiary of the National Federation of Agricultural Cooperative Associations of Japan, for approximately $300 million.
- Intercontinental Exchange, Inc., in its acquisition of RisQ, Inc. and Level 11 Analytics LLC, two leaders in geospatial data technologies for use in climate change risk modeling, for approximately $65 million in cash and Intercontinental Exchange stock.
- Edificio Del Noroeste, S.A. de C.V., in its tender offer for all of the issued and outstanding American Depositary Shares and U.S.-held Series B Shares of Industrias Bachoco, S.A.B. de C.V., a Mexico-based poultry producer and one of the largest poultry producers globally, for approximately $73 million.
- SPX Technologies, Inc., in its divestiture of three subsidiaries that hold asbestos liabilities and certain assets, including related insurance assets, to an entity formed by a joint venture of Global Risk Capital and Premia Holdings.
New York University
Georgetown University Law Center