Shearman Named 2022 Law360 Practice Group of the Year for Environmental and Project Finance
Shearman & Sterling has been named by Law360 as Practice Group of the Year in Environmental and Project Finance categories.
The Environmental team was recognized for its work on a variety of matters, including:
- The Nature Conservancy (TNC) on one of the world’s leading conservation organizations, in its innovative $364 million financial transaction with the Government of Belize.
- The underwriters in connection with Ford Motor Company’s $1.75 billion aggregate principal amount of green bonds.
- U.S. Department of Energy on a $1.4 billion loan to Monolith for the largest turquoise hydrogen project globally.
The Project Finance team was recognized for its work on a wide range of matters, including:
- Jazan Project, the project financing for a $12.5 billion world scale integrated gasification and combined cycle energy project within the Jazan refinery and terminal complex in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Temane IPP, the $652.3 million financing of the Central Termica de Temane power project in Mozambique. The entire value chain (gas development, gas fired power plant and transmission infrastructure) will see an investment of more than $2 billion.
- Advising IFC and its parallel lenders on the refinancing of the Asahan-1 hydropower project in Indonesia. The new loan included a tenor extension and allowed for some of the proceeds to be used to pursue additional renewable energy projects.
Now in its 12th year, Law360’s Practice Group of the Year award selects winners with an emphasis on landmark matters and general excellence. Winning practice groups are selected based on the breadth and significance of individual matters, and the complexity of the firm’s work over the past year.