Mary Catherine Amerine is an associate in the Litigation practice.
She represents domestic and international clients in advertising and unfair competition litigation under the Lanham Act and state laws, as well as in other complex commercial disputes. In addition, she represents clients in disputes involving false advertising, unfair competition, trademark/trade dress, patent infringement, and copyright law.
Intellectual Property Litigation
- Representing pharmaceutical and medical companies in Lanham Act false advertising cases.
- Advised major retail corporation regarding international enforcement of trademark portfolio.
- Representation of music publishing company in copyright infringement case regarding international sound recording licensing.
- Representation of musicians in copyright infringement lawsuit against major performing artist.
- Representation of advertising company in unfair competition and trade secret litigation.
General Litigation Experience
- Representation of trustees in FINRA arbitration regarding breach of fiduciary duty and fraud claims.
- Representation of high-profile political commentator as defendant and counter-claimant in breach of contract arbitration
- Representation of investors in federal securities fraud litigation.
- Representation of gaming technology company in breach of contract litigation.
Catholic University of America
B.A., summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
William & Mary Law School
J.D., cum laude
- William & Mary Business Law Review, Articles Editor
- Moot Court Team Member
- Best Advocate, Herbert Wechsler National Moot Court Competition
- Washington, DC
- Copyright Society of the USA
- Virginia State Bar Intellectual Property Law Section
- San Antonio Bar Association
- Bexar County Women’s Bar Association
Awards & Accolades
- American Intellectual Property Law Association Robert C. Watson National Writing Award, 2016
- Virginia State Bar Intellectual Property Section Student Writing Competition Winner, 2016
- The GRAMMY Foundation Entertainment Law Initiative Writing Competition Finalist, 2017
- New York Intellectual Property Law Association William C. Conner Writing Award, 2017
- Wrestling Over Republication Rights: Who Owns the Copyright of Interviews? 21 Marq. Intell. Prop. L. Rev. (2017)
- Searching for a Sound: A Proposal for Creating Consistent De Minimis Sampling Standards in the Music Industry, 2017 Entertainment Law Initiative Tribute Journal