Derek is an associate in the Finance Group in London. He represents underwriters, sponsors and issuers in leveraged finance and international capital markets transactions, with a particular emphasis on issuances of high yield debt securities.
- The initial purchasers in connection with the €3.7 billion (equivalent) four-tranche USD and Euro-denominated bond issue in support of the public to private acquisition of Iliad Group by Xavier Niel.
- The initial purchasers in connection with a £700 million (equivalent) two-tranche sterling and euro-denominated senior secured bond offering as permanent financing for Cinven’s acquisition of True Potential Group Limited.
- The initial purchasers in connection with the offering of €550 million 4.50 percent senior secured notes in the context of the acquisition of Agrifarma by Cinven and the mandated lead arrangers in the context of an €80 million revolving credit facility in connection with the financing of the acquisition.
- Tereos SCA in connection with its high yield bond offering of €350 million 4.750% senior notes due 2027 through its subsidiary Tereos Finance Group I SA.
- The initial purchasers on Loxam S.A.S.’s offering of €350 million 4.500% senior secured notes due 2027.
- Tereos SCA in connection with its inaugural high yield bond offering of €300 million 7.500% senior notes due 2025 through its subsidiary Tereos Finance Group I SA.
- Certain finance providers on Stonegate's committed financing for its public cash tender offer to purchase all of the issued and outstanding shares of Ei Group plc, a public limited company listed on the London Stock Exchange.
- Paymentsense in connection with its inaugural high yield bond offering of £290 million senior secured notes through Hurricane Finance Plc.
Columbia Law School
J.D., Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
Columbia Business School
University of Alabama
MSc in Finance
BSCBA in Finance and Economics, cum laude