Steve Bakolas is an associate in our finance practice in London.
Steve (Stavros) represents investment banks, private equity firms, and corporations in public and private debt offerings and liability management transactions, with a particular emphasis on issuances of high yield debt securities. Previously, Steve worked for a leading Greek law firm in Athens, Greece, in the Litigation Team, as well as in the Corporate, Capital Markets and Restructuring Group. He also worked at a law office in Thessaloniki, Greece.
Steve also co-founded the European Legal Society of NYU Law and served as its president.
- For Irish mutual fund management firm on registration of umbrella-fund in Greece.*
- For the acquiring company on cross-border acquisition of major industrial gas producer and distributor company.*
- For the vendor on the sale of NPL portfolios from credit institutions liquidator to funds.*
- For the joint coordinators and the bookrunners for the public offering of senior bonds in Greece.*
- For a European leading medical group and Greek leading furniture company during the process of group restructuring.*
- For a Greek leading Telecommunications company for corporate restructuring, part of a demerger process and the subsequent spin-off.*
- For a major credit institution on a dispute against investors of bank issued securities (perpetual bonds).*
- On the restructuring of a listed entity – parent of a multinational group of jewelry and fashion companies.*
- On merger and subsequent spin-off of major Greek fishing companies.*
- For Greek institutional investors on regulatory compliance.*
- For Greek companies various M&A transactions.*
*Denotes prior firm experience
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
New York University School of Law