Steve Bakolas is an associate in our finance practice in London.
Stavros represents investment banks, private equity firms, and corporations in public and private debt offerings and liability management transactions, with a particular emphasis on issuances of high yield debt securities. Previously, Stavros worked for a leading Greek law firm in Athens, Greece, in the Litigation Team, as well as in the Corporate, Capital Markets and Restructuring Group. He also worked at a law office in Thessaloniki, Greece.
Steve also co-founded the European Legal Society of NYU Law and served as its president.
- The dealer manager in connection with the tender offer of ACWA Power Management and Investments One Limited, a subsidiary of ACWA Power Company, a Saudi listed joint stock company, in a pre-amortization aggregate principal amount up to $428,000,000, as amended, for purchase by the Company for cash of its outstanding 5.95% Senior Secured Bonds due 2039.
- The underwriters in connection with ArcelorMittal’s $2.2 billion offering of its 2027 and 2032 fixed rate notes.
- The underwriters in connection with Eaton Corporation’s offering of $1.3 billion aggregate principal amount of its 2052 sustainability-linked notes and $700 million aggregate principal amount of its senior notes.
- The initial purchasers in connection with Preem’s €340 million green bond offering.
- A leading multinational mining company in connection with its proposed US offering of sustainability-linked notes and relevant listing.
- An Irish mutual fund management firm on registration of umbrella-fund in Greece.*
- The acquiring company on cross-border acquisition of major industrial gas producer and distributor company.*
- The vendor on the sale of NPL portfolios from credit institutions liquidator to funds.*
- The joint coordinators and the bookrunners for the public offering of senior bonds in Greece.*
- AEuropean leading medical group and Greek leading furniture company during the process of group restructuring.*
- A Greek leading Telecommunications company for corporate restructuring, part of a demerger process and the subsequent spin-off.*
- A major credit institution on a dispute against investors of bank issued securities (perpetual bonds).*
- On the restructuring of a listed entity – parent of a multinational group of jewelry and fashion companies.*
- On merger and subsequent spin-off of major Greek fishing companies.*
- For Greek institutional investors on regulatory compliance.*
- For Greek companies various M&A transactions.*
*Denotes prior firm experience
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
New York University School of Law