Eugenio J. Cárdenas is an associate in the Capital Markets practice.
His practice focuses on capital markets transactions, representing issuers and underwriters in connection with offerings of equity and debt securities and advising public companies on corporate governance, SEC compliance and disclosures matters.
- LatAmGrowth SPAC, a Latin American-based SPAC targeting high growth companies in Latin America, mainly Brazil, on its $130 million IPO and Nasdaq listing of units
- The joint bookrunners in connection with a Rule 144A/Reg. S offering of $1.1 billion notes issued by Alfa Desarrollo (Alfa), a newly formed company wholly-owned indirectly by Celeo Redes and certain investment funds managed by APG to consummate the $1.35 billion acquisition of Colbún Transmisión
- Empresa Nacional del Petróleo (ENAP), a Chilean state-owned enterprise, in connection with its Rule 144A/Regulation S offering of $560 million notes
- Initial purchasers in connection with an offering of $400 million of senior secured notes by Titan International, Inc.
- Aeropuerto Internacional de Tocumen, a Panamanian government-owned operator of the country’s principal international airport, in connection with the offering of $555 million senior secured notes and $1.3 billion senior secured notes, and with the concurrent consent solicitation and tender offer
Harvard Law School
Stanford Law School
J.S.D. Doctor of the Science of Law
J.S.M, Master of the Science of Law
- Global Securities Litigation and Enforcement Cambridge University Press (2019) (Author of the book chapter on Mexico).
- Globalization of Securities Enforcement: A Shift Toward Enhanced Regulatory Intensity in Brazil’s Capital Market?, 37 Brooklyn Journal of International Law 807 (2012). (Co-author)
- Self-Regulation by the Mexican Stock Exchange: A Promising PathToward Developing Mexico’s Securities Market?, 47 Stanford Journal of International Law 199 (2011). (Co-author)
- Mexican Corporations Entering and Leaving U.S. Markets: An Impact of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002?, 23 Connecticut Journal of International Law 281, 296–97 (2008). (Co-author)