Rahul Chatterji is a partner in our Finance practice based in London.
He has more than a decade of experience in advising both lenders and borrowers on a wide range of complex cross-border financing transactions including leveraged buyouts, P2P transactions, investment grade borrowings and special situations transactions. Rahul has a particular interest and significant expertise in private credit financing structures (including unitranches, PIKs and equity co-invests), and has recently been on secondment with the private credit team of a leading investment bank in London.
Rahul also has significant emerging markets experience, with a focus on offshore Indian transactions.
- The financing sources to The Access Group in connection with a marquee refinancing transaction and the financing of a substantial further investment by its shareholders, Hg and TA Associates.
- The financing sources in relation to Blackstone’s public offer for Italian infrastructure group Atlantia.
- The financing sources in connection with a consortium of investors in relation to their co-investment Atalanta B.C.
- The lenders in connection with the financing in support of CVC Capital Partners’ acquisition of RGI from Corsair.
- The lenders in connection with the senior financing in support of the €3.1 billion public-to-private acquisition of Iliad Group by Xavier Niel.
- The financing sources in connection with Francisco Partners' bid for Autoform.
- The financing sources in connection with Bain Capital's bid for Equans, the energy services unit of Engie SA.
- BlackRock Credit in connection with a back-leveraged holdco financing for a prominent private equity sponsor.
- The lead arrangers in connection with BC Partners’ public-to-private takeover bid for IMA S.p.A.*
- A consortium of lenders in relation to the financing of Triton and ADIA's acquisition of IFCO Systems.*
- The financing sources in connection with Advent International's acquisition of TSG.*
- The financing sources in connection with CVC Capital Partners' acquisition of a stake in GEMS Education.*
- Certain financing sources in connection with CVC Capital Partners' acquisition of WebPros.*
- The lead arrangers in connection with Energean Oil & Gas S.A.'s acquisition of Edison Exploration & Production S.p.A.*
- Certain financing sourcesin connection with financing arrangements made available to one of the bidders for ASDA.*
- Certain financing sources in connection with financing arrangements made available to one of the bidders for Thyssenkrupp Elevators GmbH.*
- The lenders in connection with a second lien facility to refinance the existing debt of Wittur GmbH (a Bain Capital portfolio company).
- Wind Hellas in connection with certain financing arrangements made available to it (including a revolving credit facility).*
- Asahi Group Holdings Limitedin connection with certain credit facilities made available to Asahi for Asahi’s acquisition of certain European assets from Anheuser-Busch InBev.*
- A Partners Group portfolio company in connection with certain credit facilities made available to it to fund acquisitions in Europe and Asia.*
- A private debt fund in connection with certain credit facilities made available to a leading sponsor, for back-levering that sponsor's investment in certain companies.*
- Certain private debt funds in connection with refinancing the debt of an EQT portfolio company. *
- A consortium of senior lenders in connection with the debt reorganisation of Interserve plc.*
*Denotes prior firm experience
The WB National University of Juridical Sciences
The College of Law
- England and Wales
- India (inactive)
- Rahul is recognised in Legal 500 UK 2022 as a “Key Lawyer” in Acquisition Finance and Bank Lending: Investment Grade Debt and Syndicated Loans. They note that “Rahul Chatterji is a product expert in private credit and a real pleasure to work with. Even on seemingly impossible timelines, Rahul always delivers.”
- Rahul is recognised in Legal 500 UK 2022 as a “Key Lawyer” in Acquisition Finance.