Anna Chung is a partner in the Project Development & Finance practice.
Anna concentrates her practice in the development and financing of projects, with a focus on the power, infrastructure, LNG, oil and gas and petrochemical sectors.
Anna represents sponsors and lenders, and numerous regional development banks and multilateral institutions such as K-EXIM, K-Sure, KDB, and IFC.
- PETRONAS in respect of the development and financing (including bridge and long-term financing) of its approximately US$28 billion RAPID (Refinery and Petrochemical Integrated Development) project
- Ayala Corp, Metro Pacific and Macquarie in relation to the development and financing of the US$1.1 billion LRT1 project in Manila, Philippines
- The lenders in relation to the development and financing of the Upper Trishuli 216 MW domestic hydroelectric power project in Nepal
- Marubeni, Sojitz and Pertamina as sponsors in relation to the development and financing of the Jawa 1 LNG to power project in Indonesia
- K-Sure, KDB and other lenders in relation to the financing of the 2 X 100 MW mine-mouth Kalsel-1 IPP in Indonesia
- ICBC, Bank of China, China Construction Bank and China Agricultural Bank, together with 10+ international and regional lenders in connection with the US$4 billion Hassyan coal-fired power plant in Dubai, UAE
- The initial purchasers and the lenders as international counsel on all aspects of PT Paiton Energy’s US$2.75 billion debt refinancing, comprising the issuance of the US$2 billion project bonds and the US$750 million loan facility
- The successful consortium of J-Power, Itochu Corporation and Adaro in relation to the development and financing of the US$4.2 billion 2,000 MW Central Java IPP, a greenfield coal-fired IPP at Pemalang in Central Java, including a bankability review for the lenders on the PPA
University of New South Wales
University of New South Wales
- England and Wales
- New South Wales, Australia
Awards & Accolades
- Ranked in Projects & Infrastructure: International in Singapore (2016 to 2019) and South Korea (2016-2023) by Chambers Asia-Pacific
- Ranked in Projects, Infrastructure & Energy (Expertise Based Abroad) in the Philippines by Chambers Asia-Pacific (2020-2023)
- Recognized as a “Rising Star Partner” for Project Development, Project Finance and Banking in South Korea by IFLR1000 (2023)
- Recognized as a “Leading Lawyer” for Projects and Energy in South Korea by The Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2022)
- Recognized as "Project Finance Lawyer of the Year” by Euromoney Legal Media Group Women in Business Law Asia Awards (2021)
- Recognized in IFLR Asia Future Leaders for Banking in South Korea by IFLR1000 (2021)
- Named in the A-List of Korea’s Top 100 Lawyers by Asia Business Law Journal (2021)
- Clients comment in Chambers Asia-Pacific that Anna is “has a super ability for not only legal services but also customer management. She also has a deep understanding of the construction industry.” (2023)
- Clients comment in Chambers Asia-Pacific that Anna is “highly coveted for her deep expertise in international projects, frequently advising marquee lenders and sponsors on matters of development, financing and refinancing.” (2021)
- Awarded MVP (Most Valuable Player) by Law 360 2017 and recognized as a “Rising Star” by Law360 (2017)
- Anna had previously worked in the London, Shanghai and Singapore offices of Shearman & Sterling before relocating to Seoul.