Séverine de La Courtie is counsel in the Paris Corporate practice.
She is specialized in Capital markets and French securities law. She advises on capital markets transactions (IPOs, offerings of shares or equity-linked securities, offers or buybacks of securities) as well as on public M&A. She regularly advises companies on stock exchange regulations, corporate law and corporate governance. She also has an extensive knowledge of regulatory issues in the financial field.
- STMicroelectronics in connection with its $1.5 billion offering of senior unsecured convertible bonds and the early redemption of its outstanding $750 million zero coupon convertible bonds due 2022.
- Constellium SE on the transfer of its headquarters from Amsterdam to Paris.
- Orange on the completion of the sale of its remaining stake in BT Group plc for a net amount of GBP 486 million.
- Nexans on its € 400 million Negotiable European Commercial Paper program- NEU CP.
- Nexans on the signature of a €600 million Revolving Credit Facility with 11 of its core banks for a period of five years, thereby extending the tenor of the Group’s access to liquidity until 2023.
- Meilleure opération financière de l’année - Club des Trente - Celeste Management SA on the initial public offering of Neoen.
- Celeste Management SA on the initial public offering of Neoen.
- Oddo BHF, acting as Global Coordinator and Joint Bookrunner, in connection with CGG’s capital increase with preferential subscription rights.
- BNP Paribas, HSBC, Crédit Agricole, ING, Société Générale and UniCredit as initial purchasers on CMA CGM's €500 million 5.250% senior notes due 2025.
- The Agence des Participations de l’État on the €1.53 billion sale of a 4.5% stake in Engie.
- Nexans in connection with the issuance of a €250 million bonds and a €200 million bond listed on the regulated market of Euronext Paris.
- Bolloré on the completion of a six year €100 million bond issue and a five-year €500 million bond issue.
- The Agence des Participations de l’État on the sale of a 4,1% stake in Engie for €1.14 billion.
- IPO and global offerings of equity by French and other foreign issuers including Alcatel-Lucent, Alstom, Blue Solutions, Club Méditerranée, Danone, Euronext, GenSight Biologics, Groupe Eurotunnel, Groupe GO Sport, Groupe Outremer Telecom, Inside Secure, IPSOS, Labco (IPO postponed), Lafarge, Orange, Pernod-Ricard, Société Générale, Solocal Group, Thales, Thomson, TxCell, Tunisie Telecom (IPO postponed).
- Private placements: Airbus Group, Alstom, GDF SUEZ, Rexel.
- Block trades (French State holdings agency in its sale of Airbus Group shares; Alstom; Engie; Rexel), Bank of America Merrill Lynch and Morgan Stanley on Groupe Bruxelles Lambert’s sale of Total’s shares.
- Bond, convertible bond and Eurobond offerings: Ausy, Bolloré, Danone, Nexans, Olympique Lyonnais, Orange, Publicis Groupe, Schneider Electric, Technip.
- High yield bond offering by Alcatel-Lucent, BSN Glasspack, CMA-CGM, Completel N.V., Danone, Schneider Electric.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Alstom in connection with its public share buyback offer (OPRA).
- Tender offers on public listed companies: Vivendi in the acquisition of a 60% stake in Havas, Ardagh Group in its agreement to buy Verallia North America (financing securities aspects), Business Objects in SAP AG’s friendly tender offer on Business Objects.
Ecole Supérieure de Commerce de Paris
Université Paris II Panthéon-Assas
D.E.A. de droit des affaires et de droit économique
Université Paris II Panthéon-Assas
Maîtrise de droit des affaires et de droit fiscal
Awards & Accolades
- Séverine de La Courtie was ranked “Rising Star” by The Legal 500 EMEA in 2023.
- Séverine de la Courtie is recognized as “Rising Star” for Capital Markets: Debts and Capital Markets: Equity in France by IFLR1000 in 2022.
- Séverine de La Courtie was ranked “Rising Star” by The Legal 500 EMEA in 2022.
- According The Legal 500 EMEA: “Hervé Letréguilly and Séverine de La Courtie are very close to their clients, always trying to find pragmatic solutions with a very good understanding of their business issues.”, “The team has not only an unrivalled expertise with respect to the capital markets legal framework, but also a unique knowledge of the market practices and doctrine of the regulatory authorities due to its involvement in almost all the major transactions.” and “Talented counsel Séverine de la Courtie is recommended for her record in advising French and European issuers on the full range of public and private offerings.” (2022)
- According The Legal 500 EMEA, “Talented counsel Séverine de la Courtie is recommended for her record in advising French and European issuers on the full range of public and private offerings.” (2020)
- In The Legal 500 EMEA, clients mentioned the CM team: “Mainly two partners: Hervé Letréguilly and Séverine de la Courtie —exceptional and fully devoted.” (2020)
- Séverine de La Courtie was shortlisted for ‘Europe Women in Business Law Awards’ 2019 in the category “Rising Star: Finance”
- She was ranked ‘Next Generation Lawyer’ by The Legal 500 in 2019.
- She was named ‘Best lawyer’ in « Capital Markets Law for France » in 2021 and 2022.
- She was named ‘Best lawyer’ in « Securities Law » for France in 2020, 2021 and 2022.
- Guide “Initial Public Offerings 2022 | France” - Global Legal Insights: Initial Public Offerings Laws and Regulations 2022, July 2022
- Guide “Initial Public Offerings 2021 | France” - Global Legal Insights: Initial Public Offerings Laws and Regulations 2021, June 2021.
- Guide “Initial Public Offerings 2020 | France” - Global Legal Insights: Initial Public Offerings Laws and Regulations 2020, July 2020.
- COVID-19 France | The Holding of General Meetings of Public Limited Companies (Sociétés Anonymes), May 2020.
- COVID-19 France | Crisis Impact in Capital Markets and Corporate Law, March and April 2020.
- Guide “Initial Public Offerings 2019 | France” - Global Legal Insights: Initial Public Offerings Laws and Regulations 2019, July 2019.