Casey Determan is an associate in the Litigation practice. His practice focuses on advising clients on U.S. economic sanctions, antitrust, and securities laws and regulations. Casey has experience working on securities class actions, government and internal investigations, and complex commercial litigation matters.
Prior to joining Shearman, Casey advised federal government clients on policy and strategy. He has helped private sector clients understand the evolving security landscape and navigate federal markets. Casey also served as a legislative aide focused on homeland security issues.
- Advised Middle East-based company on sanctions-related due diligence in relation to a transaction involving a Russian entity
- Advised Asia-based fund on U.S. sanctions and trade restrictions related to Russia’s energy sector
- Advised Asia-based multinational company on U.S. sanctions and export control compliance
- Represented Canadian financial institution in SEC and CFTC investigation
- Represented U.S. company in securities class action
- Represented U.S. financial institution in antitrust litigation
- Represented corporate officer in shareholder derivative litigation
William & Mary Law School
Missouri State University
Southeast Missouri State University
B.S. and B.A.