Marwan Elaraby is the EMEA Regional Managing Partner and a partner in the Capital Markets and Mergers & Acquisitions practices.
Marwan advises both issuers and underwriters on initial public offerings and bond offerings. He also advises clients on M&A, private equity and project development transactions.
Marwan represents corporate and private equity clients including Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC), EFG-Hermes, Emaar Misr, Gulf Capital, Ripplewood Advisors, Qalaa Holdings, Satya Capital and TPG Growth.
- Emaar Misr on its approximately $300 million initial public offering and listing of shares on the Egyptian Stock Exchange. This represents the largest initial public offering on the Egyptian Stock Exchange since 2008
- The underwriters on the initial public offering of Edita Food Industries S.A.E. on the Egyptian Stock Exchange and the London Stock Exchange
- The underwriters on the initial public offering and London Stock Exchange listing of Integrated Diagnostics Holdings plc
- EFG Hermes Promoting and Underwriting, as sole global coordinator and bookrunner, on the initial public offering and listing on the Egyptian Stock Exchange of Cleopatra Hospital Company, the second IPO on the Egyptian Stock Exchange
- Gulf Capital on an investment in a Gulf-based auction business
- Ripplewood Advisors on several investments in the Middle East
- HM Partners on its creation of a new hard-discount retail operation in Egypt under the brand “Kazyon”
- Qalaa Holdings, an African leader in infrastructure and industry, on an asset exchange transaction with one of its major co-investors
- A prominent Saudi Arabian Family Office on its minority investment in a large Dubai-based real estate venture
- The Dow Chemical Company on the sale of its ownership interest in MEGlobal to EQUATE Petrochemical Company K.S.C. for $1.5 billion in pre-tax proceeds
- MENA Infrastructure Fund on the sale, by way of auction, of a 30.3% indirect interest in Alexandria International Container Terminals
- ADNOC on the $4.5 billion refined products for crude oil supply arrangements with Egyptian General Petroleum Corporation and the Government of the Republic of Egypt
- SACE and commercial lenders on the $1.2 billion financing of a refinery upgrade project in Egypt
Columbia University School of Law
American University in Cairo
Awards & Accolades
- Clients have told Chambers Global that Marwan is "always well-spoken of" in the market. (2017)
- Highly ranked for Corporate/M&A by Chambers Middle East-wide, United Arab Emirates and Egypt. (2017)