Korey Fevzi is a partner in our Finance practice based in London.
He focuses on leveraged finance, acquisition finance, restructuring transactions and subordinated financing with a particular emphasis on cross-border financings.
He advises private equity sponsors, commercial banks, investment banks, subordinated finance providers, and corporate borrowers on their complex European leveraged and acquisition financings. In addition, Korey advises alternative lenders, including hedge funds and alternative debt funds and credit solutions providers, on structuring, documenting and executing transactions, as well as how to finance and structure their own vehicles.
- Bank of America, N.A. in connection with Sealed Air Corporation's $1.5 billion amended and restated senior secured credit financing.
- The banks in connection with T-Mobile Netherlands Holding B.V.'s €2.4 billion term loan B, revolving facility and intercreditor agreement.
- Lenders on the financing of TDR Capital's £563 million public-to-private acquisition of Arrow Global, as well as the arrangers on the £1.2 billion bond financing and new £285 million revolving credit facility and intercreditor agreement.
- The joint global coordinators and bookrunners in connection with the €1.08 billion equivalent term loan financing on INEOS.
- The banks in connection with the revolving credit facility and intercreditor agreement for Aggreko and the arrangers in connection with the company's senior term loan B facility in an aggregate principal amount of $750 million and €500 million.
- The lenders in connection with the financing of the €5.1 billion acquisition by Apax Funds and Warburg Pincus of the entire issued share capital of T-Mobile Netherlands Holding B.V.
- The initial purchasers and mandated lead arrangers in connection with the senior credit facilities, second lien facility and inaugural bond financing for Constellation Automotive, a TDR Capital portfolio company.
- The sole global coordinator and bookrunner in connection with David Lloyd's inaugural bond financing including a €300 million offering of floating rate senior secured notes and £645 million secured notes by Deuce FinCo plc, the Company's new revolving facility agreement and intercreditor agreement, and advised the investors in connection with a £250 million pay-in-kind term loan to Deuce Holdco Limited.
- The lenders in connection with HIG Capital's £400 million acquisition of KPMG's UK restructuring business.
- The lenders in connection with the financing of Apax Funds' $1.8 billion acquisition of Rodenstock Group.
- The lenders in connection with the financing of TDR Capital's £563 million public-to-private acquisition of Arrow Global, as well as the arrangers on the £1.2 billion bond financing and new £285 revolving credit facility and intercreditor agreement.
- The lenders in connection with the financing of TDR Capital and I Squared Capital’s £2.3 billion public-to-private acquisition of Aggreko, as well as the lead arrangers on the revolving credit facility and senior term loan B facility.
- The mandated lead arrangers in connection with the raising of new financing by INEOS Finance plc and INEOS US Finance LLC comprising of a €375,000,000 incremental senior secured facility to its their existing cross-border multicurrency credit agreement and the issuance of €325,000,000 senior secured notes.
- The senior lenders in connection with the first lien financing in support of the acquisition by the Barentz group of the Maroon Group.
- The initial purchasers in connection with the issuance of €455 million senior secured floating rate notes and €100 million super senior revolving credit facilities to fund Bain Capital's acquisition of Fedrigoni S.p.A.
- Goldman Sachs and Mizuho Securities in connection with Travelodge’s inaugural £390 million high yield bond offering and super senior revolving credit facility. The offering comprised £290 million senior secured fixed rate notes and £100 million senior secured floating rate notes issued by TVL Finance plc, an affiliate of Travelodge Hotels Limited.
- The lead arrangers and bookrunners in connection with the $2.1 Billion refinancing for Sealed Air Corporation.
- The lead arrangers in connection with a cross-border, multicurrency and covenant-lite Term Loan B bank financing consisting of a $2 billion term loan facility, a $375 million short-dated term loan facility and a €500 million term loan facility for certain affiliates of INEOS AG, one of the world's largest chemical companies by revenue.
- The initial purchasers, in connection with the high yield bond offering of £205 million issued by EDU UK BondCo PLC and guaranteed by EDU UK Intermediate Limited and certain of its subsidiaries and arrangers of Study Group's multi-currency revolving credit facility.
- AlbaCore in connection with its investment of up to $200 million in Babylon Holdings Limited (Babylon).
- The initial purchasers in connection with Thomas Cook's €750 million high yield bond offering.
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board in connection with various financings, including direct lending transactions.
- Marlin Equity Partners in connection with its majority-control, growth investment in Lengow, a leading e-commerce automation SaaS platform.
- Frostkrone Food Group, a portfolio company of EMERAM Capital Partners in connection with the financing of the acquisition of Abergavenny Foods Ltd, a U.K. based food service company.
- Investcorp in connection with the financing of its acquisition of Investis Digital, a leading global digital communications company.
- Ardagh Metal Packaging in connection with their $2.8 billion offering of multi-currency high yield notes.
- Advent International in connection with the financing of the acquisition of The Priory Group involving a high yield bond offering of £425 million of senior secured notes and £175 million of senior notes for the acquisition and the provision of £70 million super senior revolving credit facilities.
- Virgin Media Inc. in connection with the restructuring of its £5 billion senior facilities agreement and the issue of £1.5 billion of senior secured bond.
- Interoute Finco in connection with its new €640 million term loan facility agreement.
- Nuovo Trasporto Viaggiatori S.p.A. in connection with a new credit facilities agreement for an aggregate amount of €160 million split between a term loan and a revolving credit facility related to a high yield bond offering.
- Investcorp in connection with numerous acquisition financings including ABAX Group, Tyrells, Hydrasun and Esmalglass.
- Aditya Birla, a multinational Indian corporation, in connection with its $925 million refinancing of existing facilities of certain of its subsidiaries.
- Bridgepoint Advisers Limited in connection with its £212 million acquisition of Moneycorp from RBS Special Opportunities Fund.
- Fenway Sports Group in connection with the refinancing of Liverpool Football Club's credit facilities.
Queen Mary, University of London
College of Law
Legal Practice Course, Distinction
Awards & Accolades
- Korey is ranked in Band 4 for Banking & Finance: Big-Ticket for Chambers UK 2023. They note that “Korey is our go-to guy and has never let us down. He is a fantastic relationship-driven guy, but is also technically very capable. ” and “Korey is extremely responsive and provides both high-quality and pragmatic advice.”
- Korey is ranked as a “Key Lawyer” by Legal 500 UK 2023 for Acquisition Finance and Bank Lending: Investment Grade Debt and Syndicated Loans. They note that “Korey Fevzi is very diligent and commercial and really a rising star in the industry. The perfect example of a trusted and reliable advisor.”
- Korey is ranked as a “Key Lawyer” by Legal 500 UK 2022 for Acquisition Finance and Bank Lending: Investment Grade Debt and Syndicated Loans. They note that “Korey Fevzi – outstanding partner, very client focused and very detailed orientated ensuring the best interests of his clients.”
- Korey is ranked as “Notable Practitioner” by IFLR1000 2022; recommended by Legal 500 UK 2021 for Acquisition Finance and Bank Lending: Investment Grade Debt and Syndicated Loans; and ranked in Chambers UK 2020 for his Banking & Finance work. Chambers UK 2020 sources also highlight Korey as “truly excellent and thinks outside the box” and note that he is “very responsive,” “takes client’s priorities to heart and is very up to speed on the latest developments in loan documentation.”
- The firm was awarded “Best Syndicated Loan” by GlobalCapital Asia 2018 for its work on the $1.2 billion financing of Birla Carbon, the carbon black business limb of the Aditya Birla Group. The firm advised the company on all aspects of the transaction, from the refinancing of the existing debt to the successful execution of the new facilities.
- Co-author, “UK Corporate Insolvency and Governance Act 2020” 9 July 2020
- Co-author, “UK Small Business and Emerging Growth Company Resource Guide” 8 April 2020
- Co-author, “The Liquidity Crunch” 1 April 2020
- Co-author, “Covid-19 Changes Announced to UK Insolvency Law and for AGMs” 31 March 2020
- Co-author, “Global Trends in the Leveraged Loan Market in 2018” The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Lending & Secured Finance 2019, Chapter 5, April 2019Co-author, “The European Leveraged Loan Market Must Continue to Evolve to Survive” Journal of International Banking & Financial Law, 2013