Christopher Gaine is an associate in the Litigation practice. His practice focuses on merger defense, post-closing litigation, securities, antitrust, contractual disputes, and several discovery-related matters. Christopher has represented several large financial institutions and corporate clients in federal and state courts, including the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York and the Delaware Court of Chancery, in addition to regulatory investigations and advising on pre-litigation matters.
- Represented a global media company in an antitrust lawsuit brought by the DOJ.
- Represented a large U.S. sports entertainment company in a lawsuit stemming from the acquisition of a startup.
- Represented a large U.S. sports entertainment company in an arbitration related to a contractual dispute.
- Advised a large U.S. retailer on a pre-enforcement antitrust investigation.
- Represented a large U.S. retail services company in a breach of contract action against a client.
- Represented a Fortune 50 company on several discovery-related matters, including multiple depositions.
- Represented a large foreign financial institution in connection with SEC and CFTC investigations into off-channel communications.
- Assisted in drafting memorandum detailing international standards for the protection of lawyers.
St. John’s University School of Law
J.D., cum laude
- Senior Articles Editor, St. John’s Law Review
Stony Brook University
- New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Co-author, “Delaware Court of Chancery Holds That Corwin Cleansing Does Not Apply to Claims for Injunctive Relief Related to Alleged Defensive Measures,” The M&A Lawyer, June 2023