Brendan is counsel in the Project Development & Finance practice.
He focuses on international project development and financings, including those in the infrastructure, power and water and oil and gas sectors. He has particular expertise and experience advising on energy and infrastructure projects in the MENA region funded on a limited recourse basis.
Brendan represents corporate and government clients including the Public Investment Fund, ACWA Power, ENGIE, Masdar, Mubadala Investment Company, The Dow Chemical Company and Abu Dhabi National Oil Company.
- Masdar and Bee’ah on the development and financing of the Sharjah Waste-to-Energy Project
- The lenders to the Engie consortium on the $2.1 billion development and financing of the Fadhili IPP in Saudi Arabia. Awarded MENA Power Deal of the Year at the IJGlobal Awards, 2017
- The Government of a North African country on the development of a $25 billion nuclear new build project, including the negotiation of the EPC, Fuel Supply, O&M and Radio-active Waste Treatment contracts
- The initial purchasers on the $814 million bond offering by ACWA Power Management and Investments One Limited
- The lenders to the Oman Oil Company and LG International consortium developing the Musandam IPP in Oman
- The lenders to the ACWA Power and Mitsui & Co. consortium developing the Salalah 2 IPP in Oman
- JBIC and the consortium of lenders in connection with the Facility D IWPP in Qatar
- A consortium of Orascom Construction, International Petroleum Investment Corporation and Mitsui & Co on the development and financing of a 1,200 MW clean coal power project in Hamrawein, Egypt
- The lenders to International Power S.A.’s bid for the Ibri/Sohar 3 IPPs in Oman
- ACWA Power in connection with the Nam Dinh IPP in Vietnam
- The lenders to ACWA Power in connection with its bids for the Saudi Aramco Cogeneration Projects in Hawiyah, Abqaiq and Ras Tanura, Saudi Arabia and the Mirfa IWPP in Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.
- The lenders in connection with the Mesaieed A IPP in Qatar
- Masdar on its proposed acquisition of an interest in the Cibuk 1 Wind Farm being developed in Serbia
- A consortium led by ACWA Power in connection with its bid for the Riyadh PP11 IPP in Saudi Arabia
- Masdar on its bid for the 100 MW Solar Photovoltaic IPP in Dubai, U.A.E.
- The lenders to the consortia led by ACWA Power in connection with bids for the Hassyan 1 IPP in Dubai, U.A.E., the Az Zour North IPP in Kuwait and the Qurayyat IWP in Oman
- The Dow Chemical Company on its $20 billion joint venture with Saudi Aramco to develop and finance the Sadara Integrated Chemicals Project in Jubail Industrial City, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Abu Dhabi National Oil Company on its $4.5 billion energy supply arrangements with The Egyptian General Petroleum Corporation
- Dolphin Energy in connection with its long and short-term gas supply and purchase arrangements in the U.A.E. and Qatar
- Citadel Capital (now Qalaa Holdings) in connection with the $3.7 billion development and financing of Egyptian Refining Company’s Mostorod refinery, which is Africa’s largest-ever private sector project financing project and IFLR’s 2012 “Middle East Project Finance Deal of the Year”
- The minority shareholder on all aspects of the establishment and financing of a joint venture with Transocean for the construction of the Discoverer Luanda (an enhanced enterprise class drill ship) subcontracted to BP for oil drilling operations offshore Angola
- Guinea Alumina Corporation, a subsidiary of Emirates Global Aluminium, in connection with the development and financing of a bauxite mine and aluminium project in the Boke region of Guinea
- Mubadala Investment Company and Trafigura in respect of their investment in MMX Porto Sudeste LTDA’s iron ore port in Brazil
University of Technology, Sydney
University of Technology, Sydney
Bachelor of Business (Accounting) (Hons I)
- New South Wales, Australia
- England and Wales
- Rated as a “Notable Practioner” by IFLR1000 2020