Esther Jansen is a partner in the Finance practice.
With many years of transaction experience and a strong corporate law background, Esther focuses on syndicated lending, combined bank/bond financings, real estate and receivables based financings and restructurings. She advises German and international banks, funds, corporates and investors on domestic and cross-border finance transactions.
Esther represents leading financial institutions, such as Commerzbank, Deutsche Bank and BNP Paribas and corporates including Allianz, Ardagh and NH Hotels as well as investors such as Citic, International Chemical Investors and Deutsche Beteiligungs AG.
- Allianz in connection with financing aspects of the sale of its majority stake in Oldenburgische Landesbank
- Citic Capital in relation to its co-investment in Formel D
- Ardagh group on several bond issuances and bank financing
- International Chemical Investors Group on an export credit financing for VYNOVA Belgium N.V. and the refinancing of the Corden Pharma Group
- Joint bookrunners, led by Deutsche Bank on DEA’s debut €400 million offering of senior notes
- Deutsche Beteiligungs AG (DBAG) on the financing of various acquisitions (e.g. Pfaudler Process Solutions and ACC Climate Control)
University of Heidelberg
University of Leuven
- Wissenschaftliche Vereinigung für Unternehmens- und Gesellschaftsrecht (VGR)
- Bankrechtliche Vereinigung – Wissenschaftliche Gesellschaft für Bankrecht e.V. (BrV)
- Member of the Foundation Board of the Institute for Law and Finance of the Goethe-Universität Frankfurt am Main
Awards & Accolades
- Described as "unique lawyer, absolutely terrific, in-depth expert knowledge", "stable and good relationship" in JUVE Handbook Germany, 2016/2017
- Esther is a recommended lawyer in the field of bank lending and acquisition finance in JUVE Handbook Germany, 2015/2016
- Competitors praise Esther's "very good, constructive cooperation" JUVE Handbook Germany, 2013/2014
- "Key figures in Shearman & Sterling LLP's restructured team in Germany are Winfried Carli and Esther Jansen." The Legal 500, 2015