Erin Kaufman is an associate focused on mergers & acquisitions, private equity and other transactions in the energy industry.
Erin has also advised clients in US capital markets transactions and in connection with periodic SEC reporting, corporate governance and compliance matters.
Prior to her law firm experience, Erin was a Judicial Intern for the Honorable Gray H. Miller.
Mergers and Acquisitions
EnCap Flatrock Midstream, and its portfolio companies, in connection with:
- its sale of carbon capture specialist, Elysian Carbon to Buckeye Partners
- Cogent Midstream Holdings, LLC sale of all membership interests in its subsidiaries to Canes Midstream Holdings, LLC
- its sale of Caiman Energy II, LLC to Williams Field Services Group, LLC
- its sale of Tall Oak Midcon Holdings, LLC and Tall Oak Woodford, LLC to affiliates of Tailwater Capital
Silver Hill Energy Partners in connection with:
- its acquisition of Eagle Ford assets from a private seller
- its acquisition, through its affiliate Silver Hill Haynesville E&P, of upstream assets in the Haynesville
- its acquisition of Haynesville assets from Pine Wave, FPCC USA, Inc., and Mammoth Minerals, LLC
- its sale of upstream assets in the Eagle Ford to a wholly owned subsidiary of Mitsui & Co., Ltd.
Post Oak Energy Capital in connection with:
- portfolio companies, Sierra EF, Tri-C Energy Partners, and PetroEdge Energy in the sale of Eagle Ford assets to SilverBow Resources Operating, LLC
- the sale of its membership interests in Moriah Henry Partners, LLC to Henry Energy, LP
Southcross Energy Partners in connection with:
- its sale of Republic Coast Pipeline, LLC to Arm Monument Intermediate Holdings, LLC
- its sale of Southcross Energy Operating LLC to TPL SouthTex Midstream LLC, an affiliate of Targa Resources Corp. for US$200 million.
- its sale of Texas Gulf Coast assets to Max Midstream
- Oryx Midstream, and its affiliates, in connection with its US$135 million acquisition of 100% of a crude oil gathering network in the Permian Basin from Targa Resources
- Southland Royalty Company, a private equity sponsored E&P oil and gas company with interests in over 8,000 wells throughout Wyoming, New Mexico, and Colorado, in the sale of its San Juan Basin assets
- Citizen Energy in its agreement to acquire all the equity of Blue Mountain Midstream LLC for approximately US$111 million
Private Equity Investments
- VTX Energy Holdings in connection with its US$1 billion equity commitment from Vitol
- Tatanka Midstream in connection with its US$500 million equity commitment from EnCap Flatrock Midstream
- Vencer Energy in connection with its equity commitment from Vitol, Inc.
- Wing Resources VI, LLC in connection with the formation and funding of Wing VII Resources, LLC by Natural Gas Partners
- EnCap Flatrock Midstream in connection with Humble Midstream’s joint venture with Enbridge Inc. to develop a low-carbon hydrogen and ammonia production and export facility
- A public energy company subsidiary in its acquisition and financing through a joint venture of a data center
- Clean energy company in its joint venture with a private systems and information company
- Energy services utility holding company in the formation of a joint venture which will develop, own, and operate renewable energy projects, and in the joint venture’s acquisition of two fuel cell projects in New York
University of Houston Law Center
J.D., cum laude
- Executive Board, Houston Law Review
Texas A&M University
B.B.A. in Supply Chain Management, cum laude
- Member, Institute for Energy Law